Matt's JK

Matt

As I've had the jeep for over a year now and desperate to get it off the road more, want to share the changes I'm making and get a bit of help along the way from the more experienced among you.

Started today. First time in 6 months that I've had any time to myself, so fitted rugged ridge hood latches that I've had since Xmas and took off my side steps.  A few photos included.

P_20170902_120735_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.b7a83a279a399190a37699da5c7f7ca4.jpg

P_20170902_124556_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.af575ea12e5a0a0341ced90d21256dab.jpg

P_20170902_124757_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.a8a308f7f798e413325db9b4f109aa7d.jpg

P_20170902_130525_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.bdf7a034f7c85b7ee4178eda602acf57.jpg

P_20170902_132434_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.c2308b1cb3e1729fa501da6d861697bd.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
simon.meadows

HI Matt, love the colour like everyone else. I am on the hunt for a great front bumper but cannot find one that I like yet - yours looks like just what I am after, without the winch - what is it?

Look forward to seeing more brown at Aldermaston.

Simon

HI Matt, love the colour like everyone else. I am on the hunt for a great front bumper but cannot find one that I like yet - yours looks like just what I am after, without the winch - what is it?

Look forward to seeing more brown at Aldermaston.

Simon

Simon, front bumper is the AEV bumper without the hoop.

Yep, its the AEV one, with a 'delete plate" where the winch can fit if you want to plumb one in subsequently.  It looks quite stock as its flush with the fenders.

• Platinum Member
simon.meadows

Thanks for confirming that. It is my favourite so far.

Simon, front bumper is the AEV bumper without the hoop.

• Platinum Member
simon.meadows

Thanks Matt, I do like it without the winch, it looks more original. I am also keen to maintain the fender line.

Simon

Yep, its the AEV one, with a 'delete plate" where the winch can fit if you want to plumb one in subsequently.  It looks quite stock as its flush with the fenders.

Got the rubicon rock sliders on today (thanks Alex and Kerry).  Whilst doing noticed a drip (water) coming  from a hose underneath the engine near the drive shaft.  Not really sure what it is - presume something to do with radiator.  Picture also attached, any ideas?

P_20170909_130428_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.5428830bb6b19f1e97da4f5ad325bf42.jpg

P_20170909_130202_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.994ebb330e37efc88f4fd163e299968e.jpg

P_20170909_130152_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.ed30d7eb7d1129460d681d08c499a794.jpg

• Trade Member

Sliders look good... glad you got them on okay!

The pipe will be your aircon condensation drip pipe... dont worry you don't have a "water leak"... if you have a water leak it will be very distinctive due to the coolant content.

• 8 months later...

Finally got round to restoring my JK to being a "Jeep" not a "Wild" and harken hoist installed, thanks Harry and Megan - few extra hours today!

P_20180519_123328_vHDR_Auto.thumb.jpg.251dc7aab1c7909cb02912d112d0879c.jpg

P_20180519_123947_vHDR_Auto.thumb.jpg.9eb4285c9a9d1dad6636b7b9a6a168ac.jpg

P_20180519_124500_vHDR_Auto.thumb.jpg.922e0e97cdd4ea8ddb6a25e16d4e97e0.jpg

• Platinum Member

Finally got round to restoring my JK to being a "Jeep" not a "Wild" and harken hoist installed, thanks Harry and Megan - few extra hours today!

Just remember the roof is hanging for the ceiling....

The number of times I have walked into my hard top whilst it’s been hanging in the garage

• Platinum Member

Just remember the roof is hanging for the ceiling....

The number of times I have walked into my hard top whilst it’s been hanging in the garage

:rofl: .....I know that feeling Fen! :icon_redface: Soft top has gone on Today, but the hard top is on the floor now.

Jeep looks much better now Matt  :great:

• 3 months later...

Right.  Looking for a bit of advice: my head unit is the one with the double din screen, bluetooth, hdd, but not sat nav. Its been alright, but I would like android play, better sound and dab+.

The Pioneer AVH 9100 looks pretty cool.  Any one got any experience of fitting / getting one fitted and tips, suggestions or things to avoid?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Right.  Looking for a bit of advice: my head unit is the one with the double din screen, bluetooth, hdd, but not sat nav. Its been alright, but I would like android play, better sound and dab+.

The Pioneer AVH 9100 looks pretty cool.  Any one got any experience of fitting / getting one fitted and tips, suggestions or things to avoid?

Matt,

there are are a couple of threads on the forum of JK’s with KENWOOD head units, DAB and sat nav, do a search on some of mine.

Dont know the Pioneer unit, but I currently have dab and Apple Car play, which works great.

• Platinum Member

Matt, Oddball installed a Pioneer head unit in his JK a while back. Have a look at his build thread

It's a really interesting and well written up build to read through even if it doesn't specifically help with your particular Pioneer unit.

Thanks Guys.  I did search the forums, but nothing came up?

Seems like Oddballs' experience is similar to what I want to achieve - although sounds challengingly difficult.  Can anyone recommend an audio centre to do this kind of install?

as this is has built in Wi-Fi rather than relying on Bluetooth; is there wireless kit that can communicate - i.e. reversing cameras and the like?

• Platinum Member
On 04/09/2018 at 22:22, neal said:

Matt,

there are are a couple of threads on the forum of JK’s with KENWOOD head units, DAB and sat nav, do a search on some of mine.

Dont know the Pioneer unit, but I currently have dab and Apple Car play, which works great.

What did you choose in the end?