Salisbury Plain Saturday 4th January 2014

stewart

• Administrators

• Salisbury Plain

Saturday 4th January 2014

The Plains is nearly 300 square miles and primarly used as a military training area, We will drive over a large area and maybe through the big gun impact area (target area). It will probably be very muddy so recovery hooks are essentail.

This is a favourite for many people due to the vast size and terrain.
    Details

Start Point:- Solstice Park
    Mid Summer Place
    Amesbury, Salisbury SP4 7SQ
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=417115&Y=142053&A=Y&Z=110

Start Time:- 09.30hrs meet for 10.00 start

Places to Stay :
Holiday Inn http://hisalisbury-stonehenge.co.uk/?src=ppc_googleuk_brandy&gclid=CL24j8TNwLoCFQrJtAod0jkA5w
Premier Inn Andover

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/ANDBRE/andover
A few of us are booked in here for Saturday night so feel free to join us if you wish!  :icon_e_biggrin:

Max 3 groups of3 + leader, please ensure you can come before putting your name down.

Team
Stewart
Axel
Jules

Group Advanced - Modified Jeep All terrain tyres and lift min!  Challenging route and scratchy in places!

• Platinum Member

Sounds great Stewart. Count me in, whichever group you think suitable.

(Green 4.0L ZJ, 2" lift and decent tyres)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

Chalk me down for it please. I don't mind which group. Happy to join the advanced or stay with one of the other groups and help out.

Just booking my hotel now :)

Sent from my Samsung Tablet

• Platinum Member

I did the advanced in November, only scratchy bit is the first short lane bit and that wasn't that bad at all. That's if you are doing same route :)

If you didn't make November trip I'd highly recommend this one, proper non damaging slippy slidey fun.

• Platinum Member

Yes please Stewart, I would like to do the advanced route if anyone drops out but if not happy to go with the flow.  :wav1

• Platinum Member

Sorry, Sat & Sun I'm on a CFR 1st Aid course. Blood & trauma.... Much more fun than mud.....not!

• Administrators

Sorry, Sat & Sun I'm on a CFR 1st Aid course. Blood & trauma.... Much more fun than mud.....not!

Shame Patrick! Just perfect for your Jeep too!

• Platinum Member
gordon@cutravel.org

Yup, I fancy doing another lap of Salisbury Plain if there are any spaces left.

Cheers, Gordon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi Guys,

I know this is late notice, but can I still join the Salisbury Plain trip this Saturday? I have a Jeep cherokee XJ with a 2 inch lift and mud tyres. I am happy to join any group which has space.

Cheers

Andrew

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

In view of the amount of rain that we have had over Christmas and the New Year, is this run still on?

I am planning on driving down on Friday afternoon from Essex via M25, M3, A303 to stay at the Premier Inn, Andover. I will be listening out on Channel 23 if anyone wants to meet up.

Sent from my Samsung Tablet

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

Likewise. I am sitting in the bar at the Premier Inn in Andover. See you folks in the morning.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Really disappointed cant be there tomorrow with you guys ,,, have fun and stay safe  :great:

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Sorry guys,

Couldn't do the 28th December and can't do this one as I am on night shifts. Have fun !!  :wav2