Cotswold Green Lane Trip 22 February 14

stewart

Have a great trip, we did it last year and loved it, shame we couldn't make this year.

Different trip mate , you did the girls one :-

I prob will be doing that one again later if you need to get that jk a little muddy lol

Morning chaps

I've had some discussions with the team over this event .

What with the weather etc & because other clubs are also pulling events due to the state of the lanes at the mo !

We / I have decided to pull this event so we don't upset too many people & also not to give any body excuses to close lanes :-)

I will look at my calendar and try and fit it in for the end ish of march beginning of April ( weather permitting )

Sorry to mess you about but I think it's for the best

John

Mark

I would quite happily run the event !

I just don't want the reputation of the club brought in to disrepute !

I was also waiting to see what the weather was going to give us this week , as there were long term reports that it was going to improve !

But alas this hasn't transpired , 

Some times the later you leave it the more chance you have of going ?

John 

• Platinum Member

Honestly John I fully understand , I did wonder a short while back as it was so wet, clearly going to take quite a while to dry out assuming it stops raining as hard now . need a hard freeze so the ground goes rock hard lol.

No prob mate

It is a shame as 80% of the run is limestone based  so it's quite firm with a little surface mud ..

I will look at doing it again the first week of April , if I leave it too late the lanes become even more scratchy with new growth :-(

Or as you say a couple of good hard frosts will cure it :-)

As long as the sun don't come out :lol: