Cotswold Green Lane Trip 22 February 14

stewart

• Administrators

Cotswold run 22 February 2014 

Start at yatten keynell nr chippinham 9.30 for 10 am kick off

Finish on A419 north of Cirencester

Max 4 Jeeps

This trip though the beautiful Cotswolds region is a great trip out with a few fords and a stop for a Pub Lunch!

There is possible scratching on these lanes,  AT tyres is a min requirement !

Leader John

Attendees :

[*] joeyjeeplad85 - Giuseppe

[*]Graham

[*]mark

[*]

Reserves:

[*]

[*]

[*]

• Administrators

Can I come ? ,, missed this last year  :oops:

Up to John!  :icon_e_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update  :icon_mrgreen:

I ran some of the lanes at the weekend just to check on the state of them  even though it's over a month a way  :icon_mrgreen:

Some are a little more scratchy than I remembered  :icon_e_wink: not taking the paint off type scratchy but might need a little t cut  :icon_king:

We can ovoid the real bad couple if needed  ,  it won't be a prob to do a detour  on the day  :great:

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Think I shall trawl E Bay for some WADERS!!  The fords should be interesting  :icon_lol:

Well we will defo miss the first one out , as it was at 3-4 ft deep at the beginning of last month so god knows how high it is now :-(

As the weather is so bad it certainly ain't going to be a mud free trip :lol:

• Platinum Member

If it is too soggy is it still wise to go , thinking we don't want to be churning up the countryside too much or spending all of our time getting stuck or changing route , will the lanes be driveable ?

Yes mate they should be  :great: we can avoid the really bad ones if we need to  :icon_geek:

Have a look-e at this https://www.icloud.com/iphoto/projects/#3;CAEQARoQvyk_gfwLoyzN_OPxy8zKBw;AB1BB8DD-7768-43AF-AB13-C4F55155E405

It's the run we did in jan  :icon_king:

We will prob not do the lane with the tree across it , as we were the first to go around the tree and it was a bit touch n go in places so best avoid untill tree is fire wood  :icon_mrgreen:

• Platinum Member

Because of my recently broken side hardtop window I don't think I will have it repaired in time due to limited funds so if anyone wants my place jump in and have fun. :wav1

That's a shame mate , but understand I wouldn't want to do it with a missing window ...

Is every body else ok to go ? And to get there ?

If any droughts pleas post :-) 

Update for trip  :icon_mrgreen:

Meet point is yatton keynell https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=yattonkenell&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&ie=UTF-8&ei=shL9Uu_-EaPy7AbD-IDYAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA

At the bell inn http://www.yattonkeynell.com/about-the-village/the-bell-inn/

Want to get under way at 10 buy the latest if we can  :great: so I should be there 9-9.15  :great:

If you have a cb or pmr please bring it , if not don't panic too much as I do have a few pmr's so we should be ok  :icon_rr: