Drones

Rolf

• Platinum Member

Ok I know that there are a few drone users in the club and I guess this is aimed at those folks. I am looking to get a drone and have no idea where to start. Looking to capture some off road action and snowboarding, but may also be used for a bit of building survey work as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Ok I know that there are a few drone users in the club and I guess this is aimed at those folks. I am looking to get a drone and have no idea where to start. Looking to capture some off road action and snowboarding, but may also be used for a bit of building survey work as well.

Harry aka Yellow is your man. 

He is a professional drone user.

for a starter though, anything from DJI seems to be the way forward.  For real coolness have a look at the Marvic Pro

• Platinum Member

Fenton pretty bang on, no point building your own anymore, and its really hard to beat the Mavic pro for portability, size, ease of use, features and video quality.

Probably worth getting something cheap and small for some practice, even indoors too - much more fun to fly something that doesn't break when you go headfirst into the wall!

Here is a blade inductrix, you'll want the RTF (Ready to fly) version as it comes with a controller. There may be some available cheaper elsewhere, just make sure its RTF!

http://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/m225/Blade/p11890/Blade_Inductrix_RTF/product_info.html

If you want a bit cheaper, and only a little less "punchy" and don't mind waiting for the rowing boat from China, try one of these Eachine 010

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E010-Mini-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-Headless-Mode-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1066972.html

If you do decide to go straight for the Mavic/another bigger one, especially if its DJI I'd recommend going 100% with Heliguy - then you will never have to deal with DJI Customer support, and they are the DJI repair centre for the UK anyway, so its easy to get anything sorted - and they all speak english!

https://www.heliguy.com/

• Platinum Member
JordanFoote86

I currently have the Parrot Bebop2, It's not got the flexibility of camera position as the DJI's. But for video image quality I can't fault it.

It also has the ability to pre plot routes around a fixed point and also the Follow me feature!

I've crashed it quite a few times and it gets straight back up in the air.