European Jeep Jamboree - 2017

fen01

• Platinum Member

So,

Just winding up after a hectic weekend in the Ardennes at the 2017 European Jeep Jamboree.

What a great weekend. 

The organisation which goes into is staggering.  The routes they arranged were just unbelievable.

To those people from here I met this weekend, new and old, thank you for a great weekend. 

To Jim and Clint, thank you for the nudge to get me to push my JK just that much further.  When it failed, thank you for the assistance getting me out.  I've looked at the battles scars again.  I'm impressed.

Alex, great beer food and conversation.

Christian, thank your for the guided tour of the next region over.  I hope you get back to Blighty one piece and you've got the right address in your sat nav.

Now I've done, I would do it again. 

My wish list of bit may have just gotten longer.....

• Platinum Member

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time, I'm really hoping I can join in next time, I don't want to miss out again

• Platinum Member

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time, I'm really hoping I can join in next time, I don't want to miss out again

Harry, it happens every 2 years......

I've already made the decision to return

• Trade Member

What a great weekend it was! The best weekend away i have had in a very long time. Same for you Fenton, great evening out (the mussels weren't to bad either ha)  :great:

Pictures to follow!

• Platinum Member

What a great weekend it was! The best weekend away i have had in a very long time. Same for you Fenton, great evening out (the mussels weren't to bad either ha)  :great:

Pictures to follow!

After Sunday's run, and the mud we encountered, I had to succumb to jet washing the car before I got back into the uk.  Partly because the mud which had accumulated on the inside on the front driver's side wheel was throwing off the wheel balance....

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

So,

Just winding up after a hectic weekend in the Ardennes at the 2017 European Jeep Jamboree.

What a great weekend. 

The organisation which goes into is staggering.  The routes they arranged were just unbelievable.

To those people from here I met this weekend, new and old, thank you for a great weekend. 

To Jim and Clint, thank you for the nudge to get me to push my JK just that much further.  When it failed, thank you for the assistance getting me out.  I've looked at the battles scars again.  I'm impressed.

Alex, great beer food and conversation.

Christian, thank your for the guided tour of the next region over.  I hope you get back to Blighty one piece and you've got the right address in your sat nav.

Now I've done, I would do it again. 

My wish list of bit may have just gotten longer.....

Hi Fenton,

I am glad you and the JOC little group enjoyed your first EJJ. You Guys are a great laugh and I am particularly grateful to Alex and Steve to take the time to have a look at my Jeep before they head home on Sunday.

For me I must admit that was my worst event since I am into Off Roading, Not because of the event itself which was in fact better than the first two EJJ  I attended but because my partner Leigh who was ill during the all event ended up in the A&E department as soon we arrived home yesterday evening and she will stay there for at least 2 days so I was told.

I managed to drive my Jeep back home but it's bad news. I will take it to Jim Sunderland as soon as possible to investigate the engine damage but I am pretty sure it's not repairable.

I will keep you updated.

Chris

• Platinum Member

Hi Fenton,

I am glad you and the JOC little group enjoyed your first EJJ. You Guys are a great laugh and I am particularly grateful to Alex and Steve to take the time to have a look at my Jeep before they head home on Sunday.

For me I must admit that was my worst event since I am into Off Roading, Not because of the event itself which was in fact better than the first two EJJ  I attended but because my partner Leigh who was ill during the all event ended up in the A&E department as soon we arrived home yesterday evening and she will stay there for at least 2 days so I was told.

I managed to drive my Jeep back home but it's bad news. I will take it to Jim Sunderland as soon as possible to investigate the engine damage but I am pretty sure it's not repairable.

I will keep you updated.

Chris

Chris, at least the next one isn't until 2019.

I hope Leigh gets better and it's nothing too serious..

• Platinum Member

Fantastic weekend! Glad you enjoyed it Fen, i know i did!

Not happy being back at work.

Ps. Chris i hope your wife makes a quick recovery, best wishes to you both.

• Platinum Member

Thanks Fenton, you are most welcome. Look forward to the next outing together.  :great:

It really was a fantastic weekend all round.

Chris, I hope your wife gets better soon.

• Platinum Member

Fantastic weekend! Glad you enjoyed it Fen, i know i did!

Not happy being back at work.

Ps. Chris i hope your wife makes a quick recovery, best wishes to you both.

Feeling a little deflated.... 

I've not driven it since getting back Monday. Every time I go to work I just smile st the jeep.  Still got body armour on it and the stickers on the windscreen.

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Thanks guys,

I went to see her this evening before going to work my night shift. She is starting her 4th night at hospital. They reckon the insect bite poisoned her blood so she has different lines injecting all sort of fluid inside her arms + injections of Antibiotics in the belly.

Hope she comes out soon otherwise I will have to hire a cook.  (That's me if she reads this  --->  :slap: )