South Wales & West

KelvinJ

• Platinum Member

Are there any Jeepersaround South Wales n west area?

I'm open to get to Glocs Quarry meet on the 17th June.

Would be nice to organise something more regular, quarterly, etc green laning, Sunday pub etc

Cheers K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Im in somerset, think its a good idea to do a meet in the west. Im new to the area so would be good to meet other jeepers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

I'm in Cardiff too :) Did you get much response after?

Hi Stuart,

I met some guys at the Quarry meet but sadly not had the chance to do much else.

I drove all the way up to North Wales for the summer event but got left hanging in the wind as I could only get there for the Sunday.

So all in all a bit frastrated 

• 1 year later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi Tony

I'm surprised you haven't had more replies re Bristol/south west. Sounds like a good idea, either a pub meet or an off road day. There are quite a few Jeeps about. Apart from Whitecliff in the Forest of Dean I don't know of any off road venues other than Walters Arena which I think some folk are doing on the 6or 7th July.  I have been told there is one in the Mendips too . I went on an off road course in '93 when I bought my first XJ provided by Jeep. It was , I think in an old quarry, possibly Lead mine, in the Mendips. We were taken by coach from the Jeep dealer {Gloucestershire Jeep, sadly now gone) so I cannot remember exactly where.

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett
21 hours ago, digger said:

Hi Tony

I'm surprised you haven't had more replies re Bristol/south west. Sounds like a good idea, either a pub meet or an off road day. There are quite a few Jeeps about. Apart from Whitecliff in the Forest of Dean I don't know of any off road venues other than Walters Arena which I think some folk are doing on the 6or 7th July.  I have been told there is one in the Mendips too . I went on an off road course in '93 when I bought my first XJ provided by Jeep. It was , I think in an old quarry, possibly Lead mine, in the Mendips. We were taken by coach from the Jeep dealer {Gloucestershire Jeep, sadly now gone) so I cannot remember exactly where.

Hi Digger,  I drove my Black Rubicin around Bristol for the last 3 years and never saw another one. Then the day I sold it and boght a silver Rubicon....... LoL

The same is with my question about Bristol/South West.  The day I no longer own a Jeep will be the day I discover theres a group  hahahaha, them's the breaks.

Ok .... I can put something together I think ...I don’t know what yet .. but something 

can every body who is interested in a pub meet ... maybe a lane or two .. 

reply with roughly where you are in the south west to give me an idea of where you are and numbers of those who want to go ?

i do know of a pub that has a car park big enough for a meet & does half decent food ...

its just of j13 of the m5 

so quite easy to get to as it’s near a motorway...

icould sort something out with them if you would like to do a meet ? 

Thoughts on a post card 😋

john

• Platinum Member

That's just up the road for me. I'll be there providing the date is free. Anytime after Summer camp should be fine, before -maybe.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...