Got some parts for the CJ.....

TimC

• Platinum Member

I'm sorry, this is probably of no interest to most people but I just had to post a quick picture of this  :icon_flower: :icon_flower: really made me smile ! The pic is some rebuild parts for the alternator which arrived Today from Lighthouse but what I love is the bag for the triple diode ...... " AMC Jeep Genuine Replacement Part copyright AMC 1974"

AMC GENUINE REPLACEMENT PART !!  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: just brilliant, must be at least 25 years old I just love it  :mdr:

...and I know I am prone to bang on about how good the guys are at Lighthouse Jeep but they really are.....spoke to them Yesterday, all the parts arrived Today and a good chat to boot. What they don't know about "older" Jeeps probably isn't worth knowing, top blokes!

IMG_0052.thumb.JPG.99cc7e0d672eefbcf5582fb80d5ec60f.JPG

• Platinum Member

......and all shiny new parts fitted, needle bearing regreased and ready to go back on, fingers crossed  :icon_eek:

IMG_0818.thumb.JPG.429931607e770a24944248b9876e4781.JPG

• Platinum Member

Finding 'old new' parts is always amazing.  I once had a Cortina back axle I was cleaning up for a kit car. Need a new pinion nose bolt, which can't be re-used. They stopped making Cortinas, a long time before I needed this bit  but I went into my local Ford dealer (this was before the internet) for one. The chap looked at me condescendingly and said,"I'll need ter ask Lord Beaulieu for one of those, ha ha!". Then after consulting his micro-fiche, meekly said, "I've got six, how many d'you want?"

"Six please," I grinned smugly. I think I've still got a couple even now.

• Administrators

Ahh the days of the micro-fiche! I think that was quicker than many of todays computer set ups for parts look up? Or were parts staff better trained ?