New set of tyres

jeepjimboy

• Platinum Member
jeepjimboy

As I go off roading quite a lot  :icon_lol: I thought I had better get a new set of tyres.

295/70 r17 Toyo Open Country MT

And I think Yellow Peril looks OK with them, albeit on the road!

A1.thumb.jpg.37606f90182c1ad0a5f26116f6f54e2d.jpg

A__1024.thumb.jpg.5dddad48ef897309dd2c7473213fc474.jpg

K__1024.thumb.jpg.afc5660c75bfd117a1207335574a930a.jpg

L__1024.thumb.jpg.9ff83f1618f842beb7fd764ecdd9a9cd.jpg

N__1024.thumb.jpg.d1ab4a82a758cf42e21ec88ed02f174e.jpg

• Trade Member

Good tyre choice James, super strong sidewalls, we use them on our race truck now :D

Looking good Jim  :glasses:

On my list of tyres to consider so will have a natter when we catch up soon  :great:

JK coming along nicely.

• Platinum Member
Maverick23

Awesome tyres Jim ... and they look great on Yellow Peril :great:

• Platinum Member
jeepjimboy

Looking good Jim  :glasses:

On my list of tyres to consider so will have a natter when we catch up soon  :great:

JK coming along nicely.

Go for it Jules, be worth a trip to Luton  :icon_e_wink:

• Platinum Member

Looks great Jim. How do you like the ride they give? So far really pleased with mine.

• Platinum Member
jeepjimboy

Looks great Jim. How do you like the ride they give? So far really pleased with mine.

Spent more time driving a long black Mercedes since having them fitted, so looking forward to tomoz and Sunday. Although during the short trip back from Luton on Wednesday they felt as good as they look.

• Platinum Member
jeepjimboy

Well Jim, went up into Lincolshire the Weekend, across the lumpy Fens minor roads. The JK handled ok. And you are right theses tyres corner very well. I was taking bends carefully to start with, but got faster and faster, rembering what you experienced, and pleasantly surprised.

Didn't drop any mpg, so far. Still only 24.5  :icon_neutral:

They are definitely noisier then the BFGs, but I've a good music system  :icon_e_wink:

Got to get the tracking done now, slight pull to the right, not too much of a surprise I 'spose after new tyres fitted.

• Platinum Member

Well Jim, went up into Lincolshire the Weekend, across the lumpy Fens minor roads. The JK handled ok. And you are right theses tyres corner very well. I was taking bends carefully to start with, but got faster and faster, rembering what you experienced, and pleasantly surprised.

Didn't drop any mpg, so far. Still only 24.5  :icon_neutral:

They are definitely noisier then the BFGs, but I've a good music system  :icon_e_wink:

Got to get the tracking done now, slight pull to the right, not too much of a surprise I 'spose after new tyres fitted.

Jim

I am genuinely amazed your are getting 24.5 to the gallon on those tyres.

They seem to be bigger than the BFG ATs I have on mine, and I'm only getting 22.5 on a motorway run

• Trade Member

What speed fen?

Also you may have 3.73 ratios being as yours is a black edition.... which means your Jeep will be running at slightly higher rpm at "motorway speeds"

My old Sahara jku on 2.5" lift and 315 70 r17 would comfortably get 23mpg at 80mph.

• Platinum Member
jeepjimboy

Jim

I am genuinely amazed your are getting 24.5 to the gallon on those tyres.

They seem to be bigger than the BFG ATs I have on mine, and I'm only getting 22.5 on a motorway run

Lot of www chat say Toyo are pretty good on the tarmac. They are 295/70 so a gnats of 33"  :icon_e_smile: