Grand Cherokee 60th Anniversary Versions' Engines

jimbo0835

• Platinum Member
jimbo0835

In my quest for a Grand Cherokee, I am about to go see one advertised locally as a  “Jeep Grand Cherokee TD 60th Anniversary” (first registered in October 2001) has a a 3125cc diesel engine. As its condition and price would seem to be more attractive than the Overland I saw today, as a newbie several minutes  of Googling were triggered.  The result revealed that the 60th anniversary grand Cherokees apparently only had either a 4.7V8 or a 2.7CRD engine fitted.  If they never had any other engine than either of these , would my conclusion that the seller is possibly "mistaken" be correct ?

• Platinum Member
jeepmynach

Look up vehicle check on the  DVLA site for details and also MOT history check.  VM diesel in a 60th Anniversary seems a bit strange to me.

By the way, go looking for a V8 on LPG for  the best performance / economy compromise. - I might be tempted into selling my 2002 Limited V8 LPG for the right money.....

• Platinum Member

I'm pretty sure they were not available in the 2.7crd only the V8 and 3.1

The 2.7 didn't come out until have way through 2001,