Anti Tamper Winch Bolts

TazMann

• Platinum Member

All,

After some low life scum decided to try and take all of my bolt on goodies I am now looking for an alternative to welding the winch bolts to my bumper. I want to be able to make sure that they wont be able to remove the winch so easily this time around.

Has anyone any experience with Anti-Tamper bolts for their winches? If so any recommendations?

Thanks all.

• Trade Member

Factor 55 do some anti-tamper bolts, i purchased some to try whilst over at SEMA 2016 but haven't got round to fitting them yet. Can send you some photos if you like. 

Alex

• Platinum Member

Alex,

That would be great, anything that makes it more difficult would be a god send. Its a shame we have to go to such measure to keep our possessions on our vehicles.

Si

I used to sell Shear Nuts and Bolts many years ago, Used a lot by agricultural places to stop parts being pilfered. You can get most sizes, might be worth a look too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the advice everyone  :great: Greatly appreciated.

The Factor 55 looks pretty good to be honest, but i hadn't even considered shear bolts. I will get something ordered this weekend along with all the new power cables i need.

Had a similar experience where "someone" liked my winch rope as much as I did.

Never travel with the winch rope in now, only install it when needed. Can't afford to subsidise the low life fraternity.

Tamper proof bolt heads to secure the winch body are a good idea. But hoping that as the rope is not fitted makes my winch less attractive to steal. I hope so!

At the end of the day unfortunately.....if they want it they will have it.

Various options as Chris has already mentioned can be sourced

An alternative product I have used in the past is called "NOGO".

It is an collar that is installed under the bolt head or under the nut. You tighten the bolt and nut as per normal. Upon completion a splined cap is inserted, a hammer is needed!, into the collar. Only way to remove these is to totally destroy the cap & collar. Spanners, Allen keys, special keys are useless to remove this security device.

Not expensive to buy and comes in various sizes ranging from M5 to M12.

There are two types available. One that fits bolts/nuts, and one for protruding studs.