What would you do?

Motorhead

• Platinum Member
Motorhead

Hi folks.

I need to sell my 2004 Cherokee asap.  I put it in Autotrader for 1900 then dropped the price by £400 . It was viewed over 1000 times......No enquiries, no phone calls, no offers, no emails, is this some kind of  record? :wav1  It's in great condition, starts every time and  uses no oil.  Any ideas?

• Platinum Member

We recently sold a 2004 Cherokee 2.8 CRD with 104,000 miles through British Car Auctions in Bedford and got £1600"for it less a small amount for sellers fees. Worth looking into,as ts quick and easy.

• Platinum Member
Motorhead

Thanks for that, that is positive!  Mine is 2004 Cherokee 2.8 CRD with........... wait for it...........170,000 miles!!!!!  I believe that's WHY it's not selling  TBH, I would not be selling but I've been granted a Motability car: we don't need 2 cars.  :icon_neutral:  As for auction in Bedford we live in Yorkshire!

• Platinum Member

BCA have got sites in Brighouse, Manchester and a few other cities on your part of the world. May be worth giving them a ring and see what they say. For us it was a very simple way of selling a car which normally I hate doing through adverts.

• Platinum Member

I've just sold a 1996 Cherokee XJ 2.5 petrol (112,000 miles) on Autotrader. Advertised it for £1,600 and got £1,400, which is what I paid for it two years and 20,000 miles ago. At the time, the only other XJ on Autotrader or Ebay that wasn't being sold for spares was a very tidy 2001 4.0 Orvis for about £3,000.  There were lots and lots of KJs for sale. 

Anyone wanting a KJ has huge choice - a buyers' market. Anyone wanting an XJ has not much choice, more a sellers' market.

It makes no sense sometimes and is very frustrating trying to sell a car when there are lots the same for sale at the same time.

You could wait and see if prices go up if fewer are on the market, or just suck the mop and sell it for whatever you can.