Morocco July 3-24th. Anyone fancy coming with...?

Diver1

• Platinum Member

Hi guys and gals,

I am planning an overland trip from 3rd-24th of July, I am going for a bit of a jolly, to see the place and to get my tax days out of the country. I was originally planning on going alone but thought I'd ask on here in case anyone was available and fancied coming along.

I will be driving from East Yorkshire to Euro tunnel, then to in-laws in France, spend a night there (they won't mind an additional guest), from there head down to my mates in Algeciras (he won't mind guests either!) and spend a night there, then get the ferry to Morocco and drive a pre-planned route (created on Gaia GPS already [won't put full details on here and bore everyone]) doing a mix of wild camping and staying at camp sites. The return journey will be the same in reverse.

I'm not an axe murderer......

• Platinum Member

Alistair

This sounds fantastic and if it was the Autumn I would have been very tempted. Take loads of photos and share when you get back please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Hey Rolf, shame you can't make it :( I am hoping to go once a year so hopefully there will be a chance to come in the future. I'll take plenty of photos :)

Cheers

• Platinum Member
IrishMick

If my money comes in from selling my house that just went Sale Agreed I'd like to do this journey

• Platinum Member

Sounds good Mick, hopefully it shifts with no dramas :)

• Platinum Member
Russell60

Just back going again last week of October first week of November, I would not recommended going in high summer and a good idea to have more than one vehicle.  Chris Scott's book on travelling Morocco a good read, and the hubb forum

DSC01306.thumb.JPG.0d4f79776fd372fafe540bb48a44acf4.JPG

DSC01773.thumb.JPG.b58eb02e4e76fa746433ec51673f4c8f.JPG

DSC01637.thumb.JPG.c8862818955c6c9b6880b0422f2fa0d9.JPG

DSC01651.thumb.JPG.ecb9dfed5ead79bcdf3c16f39bb0338a.JPG

DSC01514.thumb.JPG.2a86aaabcf91189a721f2b43f5d0c137.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Well tomorrow is the day, packing the vehicle and heading down to Poole to meet up with an old colleague who is coming along on his KTM 990 Adventure (tuned up). Transferring some equipment to my JK on camp and then up @ 0400L Monday ready to catch the Eurotunnel train. Our route can be seen in the photo, it was downloaded from another site but we are aiming to avoid all the major cities so it's only a very rough guide.

Will report back in a few weeks with photos and hopefully a small write-up :)

To be honest I'm quite jealous of my mate on his motorbike, we will probably switch throughout the trip as I am a keen off road motorcyclist, even though I don't have a bike at the moment.

Screen_Shot_2017-07-01_at_23_40_26.thumb.png.beace186de78c03bf7cfe5a1dc9ea760.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

All back safe and sound  :icon_e_biggrin: got some  :coolphotos: to follow hopefully.

In brief the JK did exceptionally well, considering the 47c heat the only thing that "broke" was that one of the ABS sensors no longer works but I genuinely do not mind one bit as it happened whilst driving like a pleb in sand and spinning all wheels at high speeds. At the start of the trip Tom's KTM fuel pump failed. We hadn't even left Spain so a cool 500 Euros later and two days behind schedule that got fixed. Rather surprised at the KTM, it had another issue which I'll get to when I upload the photos.

• Jules locked this topic