At last.........

TimC

• Platinum Member

OK, so what has happened to the " today I have ......... " section ?  :scratch:

Today I have .......at long last ....... got my Rubicon bonnet decals. Although this post is really a shout out to the guys at Frogsisland 4x4 aka Jeepspares.com

For some time now I have been trying to get a set of Rubicon bonnet decals for the new bonnet for the JK and have been met by a wall of pretty much complete disinterest from Jeep dealers parts depts. , and jeep parts suppliers both here and in the US. The usual story, emails unanswered , phone calls not responded to, various excuses "oh I don't think we can get those here" "they'll be really expensive" " we don't have stock, they'll be a really long wait" " it's the single most popular cheese in the world....... not round here sir" etc.  for which read " I can't be bothered to look it up and get you a price sir" .

So anyway talked to jeepspares at Donnington, who freely admit they are new to the Jeep game and learning all the time so I phoned them up and no problem! Got the Mopar part number and price took my credit card details and while I was there ordered a fuel filler cover as well. they said probably about a week but tbh I was sceptical. How wrong I was, package has just arrived, ahead of time everything bang on, with JOC discount and much cheaper than I was going to order from the States.

Everything you should expect, great service guys  :great: keep it up.

Cheers 

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing that with us Tim it's good to hear when things go right !

Out of interest are they the 10a or Standard Rubicon decal ?

• Platinum Member

Thanks for sharing that with us Tim it's good to hear when things go right !

Out of interest are they the 10a or Standard Rubicon decal ?

Did think about the 10A Stewart but decided to keep it standard and stay with the 'Black 'n' Silver ' Theme

• Platinum Member

Come on Tim  :useless:

Patience Jim  :mdr: Not fitted yet, decals only arrived today and waiting for fixings for pad that fits underneath. Will post a pic or two when it's done.

I know ..... The anticipation ! You can hardly contain the excitement  :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

.....and after  :glasses:

I am not 100% sure about it though :icon_neutral: there is a small problem, can you tell what it is?

IMG_0005.thumb.JPG.e5686ecdab190c0dae8b1cddfb9c4011.JPG

IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.2116d2c1421343b670c95d10e9262182.JPG

IMG_0010.thumb.JPG.afdc0d163c0d71d9e8e2e13aff7a7efc.JPG

IMG_0012.thumb.JPG.b70e31c0796dead3e326fc27807d7fd5.JPG

.....and after  :glasses:

I am not 100% sure about it though :icon_neutral: there is a small problem, can you tell what it is?

Jet nozzle not sitting quite right  :scratch:

Otherwise looking  good.

• Platinum Member

Jet nozzle not sitting quite right  :scratch:

Otherwise looking  good.

Well spotted Neal, you must have zoomed in for that one. RHS nozzle doesn't quite clip in, will probably have to secure it with a dap of sealer, same with the vents...........but that's not it :icon_e_biggrin: