Newbie jeep owner!

Tdwaiin

• Platinum Member

Hey all! Newbie here, picking my official first jeep up on Saturday. It's a 56/2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 V8 Overland. No pictures yet but I'm already planning mods. It's a daily drive so won't be off road very often(only across some of the beaches near here). It's got the optional Navigation system in which I've read is hit and miss. I'm 21 Years old, so rely on my phone for music and stuff. What's the best option to upgrade navigation with iPhone/aux and USB capabilities? Also wanting hands free phone feature. Any recommendations will be appreciated. Many have questioned my decision to swap to such a thirsty truck, but I keep saying "smiles per gallon, not the miles!" I used to have this boy as a field/farm truck when I was 13 and it's what I learned to drive in. Missed it that much I've bought an £8000 gem!

IMG_2691.JPG.aed3735b7d97fba8b6d81fc4ff3e288d.JPG

Welcome Tom, Glad you made it over from Facebook :great:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the GC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Thanks :) it's another day closer! Ive always joined the clubs for advice, ideas and to meet likeminded owners. I've always wore rear quarter window club decals. Do we have any I could order for the jeep?

• Administrators

Thanks :) it's another day closer! Ive always joined the clubs for advice, ideas and to meet likeminded owners. I've always wore rear quarter window club decals. Do we have any I could order for the jeep?

Hi Tom welcome to the Club  :wav2 If Hawsktone Park isn't to far you can pick some up from us this Saturday or order from our store here http://www.jeepowners.club/store/

• Platinum Member

If it's the hawkstone park I know I'm Oswestry it's about 30 miles from me  :great: what day? I'm yet to look through events but the GC will be heading back to Wales on Saturday

• Administrators

If it's the hawkstone park I know I'm Oswestry it's about 30 miles from me  :great: what day? I'm yet to look through events but the GC will be heading back to Wales on Saturday

We are there on Saturday !

Hawkstone Site Address :

Hawkstone Park Follies,

Weston Under Redcastle

Shropshire,

SY4 5UY

• Platinum Member

Welcome to JOC Tom  :wav2

You can't beat the sound of a V8  :great: :icon_bounce:

Daz

• Platinum Member

Welcome to JOC Tom  :wav2

You can't beat the sound of a V8  :great: :icon_bounce:

Daz

See I was thinking that, but I like the technical aspect of in car entertainment too. Navigation, Bluetooth/hands free, music streaming etc. I don't know if the Boston premium acoustic pack hinders anything though