Where to find an XJ battery

roadkill443

• Platinum Member
roadkill443

Does anyone have any recommendations on where i can source a new battery for the XJ ('97 4.0) that isn't silly money.

Most databases seem incorrect as twice I've already been given the wrong batteries following guides. So would rather it was a physical shop than the internet. Spoke to the local jeep dealer they didn't stock them but could order them from Turin for a few hundred...

• Platinum Member

My 2003 TJ sits unused for weeks at a time. I bought an expensive yellow top that died in the first week! While they sorted out a free replacement I went to Halfords and bought their "best" for a fraction of the price and three years later, fires up all the time.

• Platinum Member
roadkill443

I normally get mine from there as i have a trade card, but going from there guide (incorrect) and speaking to the customer service department they say they have nothing suitable.

May just be a case of measuring up and finding the nearest alternative.

Cheers

• Platinum Member

I got the one for my XJ from www.carbatteriesonline.co.uk  around 3 years ago I think . Its a Bosch S4  (boss4009)  and if I recall it was POLE POSITION 1.

Then I put a disconnect on the terminal when its not used and had no probs since.

• Platinum Member

Tayna Batteries - on line, (or I suppose you could visit them in Wales) but they'll have one that suits, and at a good price and quick delivery. Stock most of the popular makes.

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

What Jerry said.  My last two have come from Rayna.

Sent from my HTC Desire 650 using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Few outfits in the UK sell yellow top. If you're running extra gear such as lights and winches you want the Yellow or the Blue as they have deep cycle function. The red does not.

• Platinum Member
roadkill443

Cheers for all the input, i ordered from Tanya earlier today. Be the first time its moved in some time, ambitiously booked in for MOT saturday! Needs to be up and running again the kids are already looking forward to the next summer camp  :glasses:

• Administrators

Also Used Tanya Batteries for x2 Optima Yellow Top Battery YTS 4.2 (8012-254) (BCI D34) YTS4.2 AGM £300 all in.

• Administrators

the kids are already looking forward to the next summer camp  :glasses:

It will be good! Saturday night especially !

• Platinum Member
roadkill443

turned up, incredibly well packed, popped in, turned the key...it lives  :great:

Tanya are a good source. Used them for my dual battery yellow tops. Good price. Good delivery. Well packaged.

Could not ask for anymore.