bought some replacement speakers

fen01

• Platinum Member

So, I've not got down the Kicker route for replacement sound bar speakers, I've opted for some Alpines instead as they were a steal at £104.

My question is, does anyone know where I can get the plug to allow me to make up some sort speaker cables, rather than chopping into the existing harness to terminate on the new speakers. 

Looking at the Kicker replacements, they seem to come pre-cabled.

Cheers

• Platinum Member

So, I've not got down the Kicker route for replacement sound bar speakers, I've opted for some Alpines instead as they were a steal at £104.

My question is, does anyone know where I can get the plug to allow me to make up some sort speaker cables, rather than chopping into the existing harness to terminate on the new speakers. 

Looking at the Kicker replacements, they seem to come pre-cabled.

Cheers

Check Crutchfields in the US

• Platinum Member

Try here Fenton http://www.autotronix.net/ next time your in Bedford. If they not got it I'll be surprised. They fitted all my stuff.

Jim, rang them yesterday.

Not at all Impressed.  They quoted me double the price I've bought these speakers for.  Asked whether they price matched.  Still waiting for them to call me back.

I think it would have been cheaper for me to drive to Tooting to buy these speakers than get them from a 'local' business.

Won't even entertain contacting them again....

• Platinum Member

Jim,

Cheers for this.

found what I need, and have them coming via Amazon.

• Platinum Member

Cool, if nothing else I find Crutchfields a font of knowledge for audio/connectors/faceplates. I also got some sweet pre-fab sub and rear seat speaker housings from them for my TJ

• Platinum Member

the site was very useful.

I just have issue with having to ship most items from the US, and suffer the consequences of this.

It would be ideal if you could these sorts of parts here in the UK.