New jeeper

Black summit

• Platinum Member
Black summit

Hi All, I'm just starting my jeep life, I have a grand Cherokee at moment just waiting for new tyres to arrive 2 have but other. 2 still in Germany, looking at the size of these I am concerned if they will fit. I have 20" wheels and have ordered 275x55x20 Cooper zeon 50 x50 tyres, anyone fitted these, I have read American posts and they said they did fit but rubbed a bit on some! but will have to fit any spacers?

Just getting used to car after having manual 4x4 before.

• Platinum Member
Black summit

Hi All, I'm just starting my jeep life, I have a grand Cherokee at moment just waiting for new tyres to arrive 2 have but other. 2 still in Germany, looking at the size of these I am concerned if they will fit. I have 20" wheels and have ordered 275x55x20 Cooper zeon 50 x50 tyres, anyone fitted these, I have read American posts and they said they did fit but rubbed a bit on some! but will have to fit any spacers?

Just getting used to car after having manual 4x4 before.

Just fitted the Cooper Zeon LTZ 275x55x20 tyres today and they do fit fine with about 6 mm clearance, may look into fitting 1" spacers.

• 4 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi, sorry about late reply, yes I'm running a v6 CRD, I love it, had a Captiva before this is so much better, just about to do an oil change, trying to find a K&n oil filter but without success, running with K&N air filter, have always used these in previous cars and bikes.

If I can't get one , what gives best performance?

Had it off road in South Wales, absolutely fantastic.

• Platinum Member

Used Mahle Filters on several different vehicles, petrol and diesel, had no problems. They are Original Equipment on many vehicles.

• Platinum Member

Hi all grand Cherokee owners, I'm trying to buy an oil filter on eBay, every time I check compatibility it says not for my vehicle when I point out its 4x4 v6 3.0

Can ones that are for v6 3.0 fit just the same, I woul have thought the 4x4 would have made it not compatible.i don't want to pay 54quid from the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Ps I have the 2014 mk4 version

• Platinum Member

I purchased a fuel filter for my KJ and the box said it fitted a Ford Cargo truck and a LR Defender, but it still fitted mine!

Try a Motor Factor, not ebay? Some of the 'compatibility' information on ebay is suspect.  I bought suspension lower arms for 'er indoor's Focus, said it was compatible, Model and Reg Number, but when it arrived it wasn't!! Had different diameter ball joint spindle, so had to return them for an exchange.

Caveat emptor!!