I have just fitted a US license plate holder & need some help

simon.meadows

• Platinum Member
simon.meadows

HI everyone. To enable me to fit a hitch to my wrangler JKU I have just fitted the US license plate holder but could not see how to easily move the wiring from the rear bumper to the new side position. I have disconnected the two bulbs from the rear bumper and can see the socket in the new holder but cannot see how to connect this.

Has anyone else fitted one of these holders and can help me with the wiring. I do not want to start splitting and joining wires if there is a simple solution I am missing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Simon,

If you trace the wiring back I think the wiring comes down the passenger wing behind the light cluster, so you should be able to pull the existing wiring back to where you need it.

Can't remember what I did with the spare light fitting when I did mine. It depends on what wiring loom you got with the US plate holder.

What I do remember is that I did not cut any of the original loom, as I have just reversed the process when I sold my old JK.

• Platinum Member
simon.meadows

Thanks - I will take another look and take the wiring out of the loom.

I will let you know how it goes.

Simon