Going to France ? Clean Air Stickers reqd. for your Jeep

BLUE STAR

• Platinum Member

It's happening all over the world, not just France. Some big cities are planning to ban diesels altogether. Having experienced a major city crowded with zillions of vehicles on a hot dusty day and seeing how much damage poor air quality does to people's health, I have to concede, this is a good idea. I am always torn between the petrol head side of me and the 'environmentalist' in me (or rather, the side of me that likes clean air to breathe). Eventually, clean air and clean planet half will win. In the meantime, I'll have to work on swapping out the 4.0 lump in my XJ for a hydrogen cell electric motor.

• Platinum Member

I applied for one for our Cherokee and received it back within about a week. It rather amused me that the front page of the accompanying letter was in English, but the instructions on how to stick it to the windscreen were in French. However not difficult to understand!

• Platinum Member

It's happening all over the world, not just France. Some big cities are planning to ban diesels altogether. Having experienced a major city crowded with zillions of vehicles on a hot dusty day and seeing how much damage poor air quality does to people's health, I have to concede, this is a good idea. I am always torn between the petrol head side of me and the 'environmentalist' in me (or rather, the side of me that likes clean air to breathe). Eventually, clean air and clean planet half will win. In the meantime, I'll have to work on swapping out the 4.0 lump in my XJ for a hydrogen cell electric motor.

All for clean air, but air quality now is better than it was 40 years ago

All engines produce NO2  most particulates encountered on the road are a mixture of tyre and brake dust so  banning diesels is going to have little effect.

All the numbers about peoples health has been based on models not real life.

Living in cities will always be less healthy than not

Every so-called green initiative imposed on us by politicians has been a disaster and this  'killer diesel'  is just another alarmist call.

• Platinum Member

Its not just diesels though in France its all cars including petrol and electric of any age so if you plan to visit a city get a sticker

• Platinum Member

All for clean air, but air quality now is better than it was 40 years ago

All engines produce NO2  most particulates encountered on the road are a mixture of tyre and brake dust so  banning diesels is going to have little effect.

All the numbers about peoples health has been based on models not real life.

Living in cities will always be less healthy than not

Every so-called green initiative imposed on us by politicians has been a disaster and this  'killer diesel'  is just another alarmist call.

Sorry mate but the science is there as well as the real life research..  http://www.air-quality.org.uk/26.php  www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/sep/22/the-rise-diesel-in-europe-impact-on-health-pollution  and loads more... 

• Platinum Member

Sorry mate but the science is there as well as the real life research..  http://www.air-quality.org.uk/26.php  www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/sep/22/the-rise-diesel-in-europe-impact-on-health-pollution  and loads more...

Depends who writing and paying for these so-called science reports

Guardian newspaper environmental reporting is usually fake news & totally skewed

They have an agenda, much like the BBC

Wouldnt believe a word of what you read from these sources

Only way your going to  reduce pollution to new EU imposed standard is to ban vehicles from cities entirely

However emissions have actually nose dived since the 1970's according to this article

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2017/04/10/mckitrick-on-air-pollution-the-models-get-more-deaths-from-air-pollution-than-you-were-death-from-all-causes/