Got a Hybrid!

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Well after contemplating for a long time, I finally did it and got a Hybrid!

Have always been pleased with my 2.5" Teraflex lift kit but always wondered about AEV Dual Sport stiffer springs and setup. But did not want to give up the beef of my Teraflex full set of arms. 85b15d2d4d792c6189f68b028c0e22f3.jpg

Risk seemed to be length of the arms and importance of arms being factory lengths to work with the AEV setup (note bump stop photo mis align pre-modifying Teraflex arms)

Huge thanks to Alex and Buzz Racing who took on board my desire to experiment and they cut and made OEM length adjustments to my Teraflex arms. Given my Rubicon was being worked on right next to their off road racing rig, it was in good hands. (They did find that my initial lift kit drop links were professionally -- installed upside down!)

Photos of Teraflex vs factory arm, and some final setup shots. And new AEV rear bumper, tyre carrier and custom led fogs.

I have to say the handling when cornering is a huge difference with the Dual Sport suspension.

Now perhaps off to PB for a couple dinitrol sessions and magnetic skins!

d8ae8f61b03bc6c9baa8d9e7b63dd8cd.jpg2fb1f7253aa23d9b03729c17020d45e2.jpg1f56e8f5302af967985e4d9639b26803.jpg

0df96b51e4d6e328490f007e1a668642.jpg0ad27b06f70133636bbb6082e06a11c2.jpg

• Platinum Member

Looking good Jim :great:

Good to hear Alex is continuing to work his magic :glasses:

• Platinum Member

Good question. Do not know to be honest but I think very similar, and both thicker than my current trailskinz that I have bashed for almost 4 years. Plus PB can custom sublimate logos and designs right into the magnets.

• Platinum Member

Good question. Do not know to be honest but I think very similar, and both thicker than my current trailskinz that I have bashed for almost 4 years. Plus PB can custom sublimate logos and designs right into the magnets.

I've got a set of Rugged Ridge.  You may have hooked me to buying a new set from PB if they are able to add design to the mag panels...

I have both, RR ones are thicker but have cracked within the first 6 months of use, Also they have faded really badly .

Paul's PB ones are thinner and more flexible , plus you can have any design you like or colour! I prefer them for fitting and removing as they are so flexible. SO far no issue int he 4 6 months I have been using them. Thinner material also has been no issue . I know he is now also starting to have them produced for other vehicles so TJ's and others should be no issue once they are templated. As Jim says give him a call. They are being featured in 4x4 magazine this month I believe (Well my jeep with them on is......) :rofl:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk88da9ab14cd4f8c81404a52d2514e7e0.jpgd9acfa9aed965e461a4e275f31e39384.jpg

• Administrators

Looking good Jim  :great:

Might need some mag skins too will give Paul at PB a shout !