Why did I buy a Grand ????

jeepmynach

• Platinum Member

It's a very clean and well looked after WJ V8 on LPG. It looks good. Very good but that's as far as it goes.

Coming from an XJ I should have known better.... I detest the thing. Big time.

It's too soft, too plush and too bland.

That V8 sounds like an apologetic hoover.

It's no quicker than the XJ. Only quieter and more car like. I hate the bloody thing.

I can't treat it like a van, tractor, shed or whatever the way I could use the XJ....so the hunt is on. Again.

Anybody fancy a nice WJ while I look for a nice XJ ?

Or possibly first generation KJ 3.7 ?  Assuming that would be any better than that hateful WJ ?

• Platinum Member

see if IrishMick is still trying to sell his in Dublin? Kitted out well and well looked after, UK reg'd originally.

• Platinum Member

Ideally, I'd like a bone stock Limited or Orvis. I have looked at Irish Mick's quite carefully.

• Platinum Member

Ideally, I'd like a bone stock Limited or Orvis. I have looked at Irish Mick's quite carefully.

I'll be selling  my 1996 (P reg) XJ 2.5 Sport soon, if you can live without 4 litres. Totally stock with Ltd wheels (nicked from my 4.0 Ltd) and spots and fogs. Fitted a tow bar last year too. Very recent four BF Goodrich AT KO2s (235/75x15). MOT (no advisories) to March 2018. 111,000 miles. Over the last year or so it's had a new fuel tank, water pump, front calipers and discs, rear springs and some brake piping replaced. . Usual wear and tear but good sound body and is my reliable daily transport. 

I'll be putting it up for £1,600 but will take a much lower fair offer from anyone on here.

IMG_2377.thumb.JPG.d401e6f2a232110730b1918c5f3176e3.JPG

• Platinum Member

Nice example, but a 4.0 would be the only choice logically as I can utilse the old one a donor if needs be.