Whats the best JK to go for?

Pearce95

• Platinum Member

Hi Everyone,

With so many different variants of the wrangler what is the best?

Obviously the Rubicon is 'top dog' so to speak, but from there on I am lost...

With all the options such as Sahara, Overland, Unlimited and so on, what is the hierarchy?

Sorry for what might be a newbie question, however, I am looking to purchase one and there seems to be little information on all the different types and trim options...

Thanks,

Jack.

Jack,

An Unlimited JK is a 4 door version.

Rubicon has mechanical upgrades on the rest of the versions, lockers, axles, disconnects, lo range.

Sahara, Overland, Polar, etc are all very similar but with different trim levels, cloth/leather/etc.

Sport will be the base model.

Also pre 2010 has a different interior trim but may have a better tow rating due to co2 changes.

Best of luck in your search.

Cheers

Neal

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the replies!  :great:

I have been speaking to Alex from Buzz Racing and he has helped greatly.

I am now on the look out for a 4dr Rubicon with less than 30k miles... let the hunt begin!  :zozz_newbie:

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the replies!  :great:

I have been speaking to Alex from Buzz Racing and he has helped greatly.

I am now on the look out for a 4dr Rubicon with less than 30k miles... let the hunt begin!  :zozz_newbie:

Good Choice !  :great:

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member

I think there was a 4dr/JKU Rubicon a Horsham with 13K miles on the clock when I had a look last week.

Good luck.

Mark

• Platinum Member

Hi Everyone,

With so many different variants of the wrangler what is the best?

Obviously the Rubicon is 'top dog' so to speak, but from there on I am lost...

With all the options such as Sahara, Overland, Unlimited and so on, what is the hierarchy?

Sorry for what might be a newbie question, however, I am looking to purchase one and there seems to be little information on all the different types and trim options...

Thanks,

Jack.

I always comes down to what you want the jeep for. They are all capable of taking on anything the uk has to offer. The petrol is a lovely engine well matched to the auto box but it does come at the cost of 16mg for general driving.

There are plenty of other dealers out there apart from Horsham. Try Pentagon Jeep, they know the JKU really well and have taken on modifications that customers require.

I also may know of a 2016 JKU with 15k on the clock running 35" tyres and a 2.5" AEV lift for £30k which will be far better value than anything that Horsham can offer you.

Rolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Trade Member

Jack has already purchased the tank green rubicon that was at Horsham for around 10 minutes! They don't hang around long! Rare colour as well so i would say it was a very good buy!

• Platinum Member

Jack has already purchased the tank green rubicon that was at Horsham for around 10 minutes! They don't hang around long! Rare colour as well so i would say it was a very good buy!

..........however Rolf, you could see if Fenton is interested in that low mileage Rubi  :icon_e_wink:

• Platinum Member

Hi guys, as Alex has said already I am now the proud owner of a Rubicon, sorry i should have updated this post!

..........however Rolf, you could see if Fenton is interested in that low mileage Rubi  :icon_e_wink:

Not wanting to be a killjoy, but Rolf's post is about a JKU, he does not say it's a Rubi  :scratch:

• Platinum Member

Not wanting to be a killjoy, but Rolf's post is about a JKU, he does not say it's a Rubi  :scratch:

Really should read these posts first before I comment on them...... must book myself in at the opticians  :icon_e_geek:

Really should read these posts first before I comment on them...... must book myself in at the opticians  :icon_e_geek:

Tim, I find that my arms aren't long enough anymore......  :icon_rr:

Jack, nice Rubi by the way  :great:

Tim, I find that my arms aren't long enough anymore......  :icon_rr:

Jack, nice Rubi by the way  :great:

• Platinum Member

Sorry for not keeping up with what is happening. The Tank is an ace colour, I can see why you went for it. By the way the one I am talking about is a Rubicon. It belongs to an ex member.

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the kind words Neal and Rolf, at first i was hesitant as id never seen the colour in the flesh, but as soon as I did i fell in love with it!