JKU Sound Bars

fen01

• Platinum Member

Here's the question

the speakers in a JK Soundbar how are they wired up to the head unit?  Are they classed as rear speakers? Or are they part of the front speakers?

I ask as mine seem to be very quite...

I know there are plenty of discussions around their upgrade as they are quite poor.  But are they poor to the extent when you change the sound settings to weighted to the rear all you hear is the sub in the boot.

Are they not supposed to Alpine speakers under the covers??

• Platinum Member

I used some BOOM MAT covers on the side of mine, certainly think they've made a noticeable difference.

• Platinum Member

Here's the question

the speakers in a JK Soundbar how are they wired up to the head unit?  Are they classed as rear speakers? Or are they part of the front speakers?

I ask as mine seem to be very quite...

I know there are plenty of discussions around their upgrade as they are quite poor.  But are they poor to the extent when you change the sound settings to weighted to the rear all you hear is the sub in the boot.

Are they not supposed to Alpine speakers under the covers??

Fenton,

not an expert - by all means! - in sound equipment, but I guess on the JK it depends if you have the Infinity system or not. Let me try to explain what I found out the hard way... the JK Infinity uses an amplifier (Infinity or ALpine depending on the models) that to my best knowledge tweaks the sound output.

On my JK, after the install of the Pioneer headunit, I couldn't hear the navigation instructions, nor the handsfree. It was JustJeppin (Aled) that point me to the fact that I had to trick the Infinity amp (with a pretty basic loom) to make it work. Took 2 minutes and £3 in parts...

Check your JKU, the amplifier is either under your seat (or the passenger, since you have a RHD) or under the steering, beyond a plastic cover that has 2 clips.

• Platinum Member

Hugo,

So I have the Alpine system fitted (assumption based on head unit and dashboard tweeter covers branded with Alpine logo).

have found the Amp - located to the right of the removable panel under the steering column.

What needs to be done to trick it?