Long time Jeeper returning to the fold

Woody98TJ

• Platinum Member

Hi guys and gals

Quick intro I'm Woody Woodbridge, from Hampshire, used to be found at weekends loafing at the famous MDG Motors with a rolly hanging out the corner of my mouth and cup of coffee in my hand.  I'm sure I've met some of you in the past at JeepClub or J33P events over the years or bantered with you on other forums.  The '98 TJ has been unloved for a few years as I've had work & health trials & tribulations.  She is currently sitting at my local car club and as time allows I'm stripping her down to inspect, represerve or replace parts as necessary.  So expect a few questions on where the best places are for being parts and goodies for the Jeep.

Hoping I managed to attach a photo correctly - she's a '98 TJ with 33's, 3.5" suspension lift (RE superflex short arm), 1" body lift, Truetrac LSD front & rear and a few HESCO tweaks under the bonnet (but not a supercharged stroker).

Thanks for the add

Woody

Enclosed_Topless_2_-_Copy.JPG.41d038583d75a5b3d31e761b2ebf2f08.JPG

• Platinum Member

Welcome to the club! We were just down at Slindon having a great time last weekend.

Plenty of resources here to help with your TJ project.

Team JOC

• Platinum Member

Would have looked out of place rocking up on the Harley or in the Volvo, especially considering the long dirt road in!  Grenaded my rear diff at Slindon many years back and left on the back on of a tow truck :icon_lol:

Thanks for the welcome  :glasses:

Woody

Ello you salty sea dog  :glasses:

I'm glad to see your alive & kicking  :icon_mrgreen: I did wonder where you had disappeared too over the years  :icon_rolleyes: 

I hope you are well my friend & hope to catch up with you for a chin wag on a site soon  :great:

So pulll ya finger out ya bum & get that jeep done  :wav1

• Platinum Member

Hi Woody

Welcome,,,, From Woody 

whats the chances 2 Woodys both with 98 TJ's  :na:

• Platinum Member

Hi guys

yes from 2008-2010 I was working up in Wiltshire & weekends were sacred, the TJ was a daily driver so didn't get offloaded much.  Then I took up motorcycling and am on my 3rd Harley.  Worked a couple of times in the Middle East 6 month stints, and the Jeep whilst still running was used less and less then in 2014 broke my right leg and TJ sat SORN through recovery and the 2nd stint in Bahrain.  Back in the UK now but reading an MSc at Middlesex University so working on the Jeep will be slow this year.  Hope to have her back on the road by the end of the year, unless I spend all the sunny days riding the Harley  :icon_e_biggrin:

To the other Woody, the early TJs are great, but it feels odd that ours will be 20 next year!

Cheers

Woody