KJ V6 question

jeepmynach

• Platinum Member

What is a fair price to pay for 2004 KJ v6 with LPG conversion, allegedly 74k miles, no history disclosed, no MOT andin need of a rear brake overhaul and some suspension bushes. Cosmetics appear OK apart from one dented door. Gas system unknown but has a current ish inspection record. Believed last taxed March 2016.

Am I right to guess about £500 or so ?

• Platinum Member

If that is all that is wrong with it even a bit more, but the question is why has it been off the road since March 2016?

An offer of £500 sound reasonable, add another say £200/300 to fix the given issues and you have a £2500~ KJ if the LPG works properly.

• Platinum Member

I suppose it depends on the result on the MOT and if there are any other repairs required to get it through. Unless you can do the work yourself  :great:

Daz

• Platinum Member

Try checking the mot history to see if there any other issues(dvla Webb page)

As for the lpg if was fitted properly installed it should show up on the U.K. lpg web site

Terry

• Platinum Member

Try checking the mot history to see if there any other issues(dvla Webb page)

As for the lpg if was fitted properly installed it should show up on the U.K. lpg web site

Terry

Already done - that's how I know what's needed. The lack of a current gas safety certificate is of greater concern - if the tank's condemned that's a cool £500 to do. It does show on the uklpg site so it was done properly, however the inspections are not up to date though.

• Platinum Member

£500 for a new gas tank is a good deal but I wouldn't be surprised if the cost works out to be higher

Normally new pipe work  new filler  and  sometimes  replacing the vaporiser  and new injectors which all ads

Up

we recently had our tank replaced  new pipe work  and injectors  and  the latest software installed on a zj

Cost £750 being a regular customer

Terry