Jeep meet days

Superandy

• Platinum Member

Hello.

I'm a relatively new Jeep owner but am considering coming to a meet/off road day. Firstly I have a Jeep patriot, is it man enough for the courses. Also having never driven off road before are people forthcoming with advice/training. Lastly, I know this may be hard to answer but as my Jeep is my only mode of transport I'm concerned that damage/breakdowns are common, is this the case.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Platinum Member

Welcome to JOC Andy  :wav2

If you check out the events section you can see what events are coming up.

You'll be surprised how capable a standard Jeep is.

On green laning days you should be fine not to damage your vehicle, although scratches on certain trails in Summer are common.

If you go to pay and play sites there are various routes ranging from Beginners to Expert and these are a good place to find out what your Jeep can do.

It's a great forum with plenty of helpful and knowledgable people to answer any questions.

Daz

• Platinum Member

Hi Andy, firstly welcome aboard.

The days that are organised are of varying levels, from simple level tracks to minimum lifts and winches required.

Some of Slindon safari or Sailsbury plains lanes i think would be fine, T'up :) the parkwood 4x4 day on the 18th of march has some nice lanes around the outside that are nothing more than bumpy dirt tracks which would fine.

Information is forthcoming don't worry about that.

Damage and breakdowns aren't inevitable, i wouldn't say they are "common", but we can't say they won't happen.

I hope some of that helps, get along for a chat if nothing else.

• Platinum Member
Danielcmorris

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the club, I only got my JK in November so only got to one off road day (Hawkstone) so far. It was great fun and I found everyone was really friendly and gave me some tips on what to do (I was a novice). Turns out the most important thing is a bit of confidence in what jeeps can do! I am sure if you come along you will have a great time :) there is donnington 4x4 show, slingdon (off road day) and Tong (off road day) all coming up :)

• Platinum Member

Hello Andy,

If you don't mind the long drive up to Parkwood in March, it's a great site for beginners. They hold 4x4 driving experience days there so they have a great variety of different 'grade' tracks, so there will be plenty for you to explore in your Jeep.

I'm sure someone will happily jump in the vehicle with you and show you around, and show what your vehicle is capable of, even in standard form.

Plus there will be plenty of people to chat too and entertainment watching vehicles on the harder tracks, like Darren trying to smash his rear lights again ;)

Cameron