knocking finally sorted

ade01

• Platinum Member

has this knocking on the jeep wk since we have had it 3mths ago finally sorted it out it was the D bushes on the anti roll bars my god what a differace four bits of rubber can make all nice and quite now shes a differnt car happy man

• Platinum Member

hi..i know what you mean..i had knocking on the front of my XJ....i changed the anti roll bar rubbers...(like you did)..and that fixed the problem..so well done to you.. :great:

• Platinum Member

cheers matey getting a bit worried by other people saying on here the diesels merc engine is no good yes i have had topay out a bit on mine but that i think was down to the last owners not keeping it serviced which has all been done now as not all of us can afford new cars or jeeps for that matter

• Platinum Member

i cant comment on the diesel engine you mentioned,but i keep well away from diesel engines as best i can..mainly because i dont like them,but if your happy with your diesel engine then thats the main thing...i can say that maintaining my 1997 xj is quite enjoyable,i have done all that i can..all 4 shocks are replaced,door locking and unlocking problems are now fixed,new alternator brushes just been replaced..as i had a no charge of the battery,starter cable all replaced,only job i have to do is replace the brake pipes on all 4 corners,and i will do that before the next MOT..happy motoring to you.. :great: