Commander Repairs

Hotwheels

• Platinum Member

Is it only me or does everyone like buying Jeep parts.

Commander has a worn Front Nearside CV Axle, it grinds and pops of full lock so decided it was time to get it in for repair.

Also when it's in just going to get a new hub/bearing at the same time when it's all apart I thought I may as well. there i a bit of me thinks I'm daft for going with OEM parts as I could of saved £300 by using Non Franchised but I prefer to Keep my Jeep a Jeep I guess. The strange thing is I'm not angry about having to spend near a Grand to get it fixed, I'm  more excited about it getting fixed and making it right again.

• Platinum Member

ouch hotwheels source and buy your own parts the problem you had was a quite easy fix and not expensive and just as good a quality . think of what you could have bought with the saved cash  the hubs alone can be got for about £67 swopped both mine out just cuz they had a little play in them  :icon_lol:

but fair play mate your up and running that's the main thing  :great:

• Platinum Member

I've seen the cheap hubs and axles but with big torque and bigger wheels and wider tyres all putting stress on the components I do worry about the cheaper options

OEM are also 2 year warranty so a failed cheaper plus time to fix comes in ay OEM to start with... once this is done the complete running gear at the front is new both sides  UCA's LCA's shocks, springs, sway bars and bushes, tie rods inner and outer. drivers side bearing done also new discs and calipers pads and I'm getting the power steering fluids done so all fluids are new too