Toll Road in France.

Wildjeeper62

• Platinum Member

I am not advertising for SANEF. I am only writing this in order to help my fellow Jeepers when they travel through France.

Have you ever tried to go through the French Autoroute Toll on board of your RHD Lifted Jeep?

Not only the Paying booth or card machine is on your passenger side but it is usually too low to reach so is it is easier to get off the Jeep to pay. Then you get beeped at by the car behind with an impatient  young and rude  French woman as it happened to me last year !! Lol

At the moment EUROTUNNEL is offering a discount for SANEF Toll Tag to customers with a Booking Reference.

or you can get a 5 Euros off the Fees if you use a link that I will pm you if message me.

With the Tag placed  behind your rear view mirror going through the Toll becomes easy and you don’t queue behind people looking for their change.

What does it cost? (From the SANEF website)

i. Overview - full detail of the charges are provided in items ii & iii of this section

a. Maximum of 16€ (+TVA)  per year (2 trips per year or more) consisting of

6€ annual account management fee  (+TVA)

5€ per month that the tag is used but maximum of 10€ in any subscription year  (+TVA)

Transferable – can be used in any car

Pay in £ via direct debit (we use an average mid market exchange rate for the relevant month + 2% (less than bank/Credit card))

i.e. if you only make one trip it would be 11€ for the year or if you did not use it at all it would be 6€ for the year to keep your tag

b. + Tolls (no discount on the tolls)

c. Setup costs

20€ refundable security deposit  (no TVA)

10€ application fee  (+TVA)

Summary: the tolls are the same cost that you would pay at the barrier.  This new service simply allows you to use the automated lanes saving you time and reducing the hassle of manually paying tolls in euros.

ii. Subscription Fees

a refundable security deposit of 20€ (no TVA payable) for each Tag issued by Sanef ("Tag Deposit");

the annual management fee of 6€ + TVA payable in advance; and

a non-refundable application fee of 10€ + TVA.

Total up front fee of 39.20€ (including TVA) of which 20€ is refundable when you return the tag

iii. Monthly Active Service Fee

A monthly fee is payable for each calendar month that you actively use your tag in France but only up to a maximum of €10 in a single year i.e. if you purchase a tag in June and then use your tag in July and August, you will be charged €10 (€5 for July and €5 for August) but you will not be charged a monthly active service fee for the remaining months up to and including the following May. A new 12 month period would start in June.

iv. Toll Charges

All toll charges incurred.

All fees and tolls will be collected by direct debit in £GBP.

• Administrators

I have the Tag and it really make life easier especially in peak holiday Seasons ! Using a Debit or credit card is becoming more a necessity at many toll garages now if you travel a couple of times to or through France worth it !

• Platinum Member

I am not advertising for SANEF. I am only writing this in order to help my fellow Jeepers when they travel through France.

Have you ever tried to go through the French Autoroute Toll on board of your RHD Lifted Jeep?

Not only the Paying booth or card machine is on your passenger side but it is usually too low to reach so is it is easier to get off the Jeep to pay. Then you get beeped at by the car behind with an impatient  young and rude  French woman as it happened to me last year !! Lol

At the moment EUROTUNNEL is offering a discount for SANEF Toll Tag to customers with a Booking Reference.

or you can get a 5 Euros off the Fees if you use a link that I will pm you if message me.

With the Tag placed  behind your rear view mirror going through the Toll becomes easy and you don’t queue behind people looking for their change.

What does it cost? (From the SANEF website)

i. Overview - full detail of the charges are provided in items ii & iii of this section

a. Maximum of 16€ (+TVA)  per year (2 trips per year or more) consisting of

6€ annual account management fee  (+TVA)

5€ per month that the tag is used but maximum of 10€ in any subscription year  (+TVA)

Transferable – can be used in any car

Pay in £ via direct debit (we use an average mid market exchange rate for the relevant month + 2% (less than bank/Credit card))

i.e. if you only make one trip it would be 11€ for the year or if you did not use it at all it would be 6€ for the year to keep your tag

b. + Tolls (no discount on the tolls)

c. Setup costs

20€ refundable security deposit  (no TVA)

10€ application fee  (+TVA)

Summary: the tolls are the same cost that you would pay at the barrier.  This new service simply allows you to use the automated lanes saving you time and reducing the hassle of manually paying tolls in euros.

ii. Subscription Fees

a refundable security deposit of 20€ (no TVA payable) for each Tag issued by Sanef ("Tag Deposit");

the annual management fee of 6€ + TVA payable in advance; and

a non-refundable application fee of 10€ + TVA.

Total up front fee of 39.20€ (including TVA) of which 20€ is refundable when you return the tag

iii. Monthly Active Service Fee

A monthly fee is payable for each calendar month that you actively use your tag in France but only up to a maximum of €10 in a single year i.e. if you purchase a tag in June and then use your tag in July and August, you will be charged €10 (€5 for July and €5 for August) but you will not be charged a monthly active service fee for the remaining months up to and including the following May. A new 12 month period would start in June.

iv. Toll Charges

All toll charges incurred.

All fees and tolls will be collected by direct debit in £GBP.

How do I get one?

• Platinum Member

Jim if you don't book a trip with ET I am not sure it will work but I can pm you a link and you and me will get 5 Euros off the fees when you use the link.

Up to you let me know if you want that link I will pm it to you.