Your Feedback Please!

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Greetings All,

Stewart and I had a productive meeting yesterday with Jeep HQ.  We value their continued support of the Jeep Owners Club.

One of the most time sensitive topics follows.

Each year so far the JOC has been able to secure special builds exclusively for its members.  Given that this is the run out of the JK, it will be very difficult to do it again so time is of the essence if we wish to try and secure a special build in an extremely busy year.

Please if you are genuinely in the market for a new JK, let us know ASAP what special items not normally available to the UK market would you like to have (colour match arches, etc)  We then will try our best to secure build slots and special items just for our club members.

Jim

• Platinum Member

Jim,

Whilst I'm not in a position to change my current JK anytime soon, does this connection with Jeep extended to US specific Mopar accessories? 

I'm not necessarily referring to US spec number plates etc.  I'm more interested in those accessories which would be fitted on the line rather than dealer fit.

• Platinum Member

Jim,

Whilst I'm not in a position to change my current JK anytime soon, does this connection with Jeep extended to US specific Mopar accessories? 

I'm not necessarily referring to US spec number plates etc.  I'm more interested in those accessories which would be fitted on the line rather than dealer fit.

...10th Anniversary rear bumper Fen??

• Platinum Member

Back on topic.......

Will be looking for a replacement for the KJ in Summer 2017 but sadly don't think I can persuade the Mrs into another Wrangler  :icon_e_sad: I do like the sound of special builds though, does this apply across the range?

• Platinum Member

Greetings All,

Stewart and I had a productive meeting yesterday with Jeep HQ.  We value their continued support of the Jeep Owners Club.

One of the most time sensitive topics follows.

Each year so far the JOC has been able to secure special builds exclusively for its members.  Given that this is the run out of the JK, it will be very difficult to do it again so time is of the essence if we wish to try and secure a special build in an extremely busy year.

Please if you are genuinely in the market for a new JK, let us know ASAP what special items not normally available to the UK market would you like to have (colour match arches, etc)  We then will try our best to secure build slots and special items just for our club members.

Jim

do you know when the cut over on models is?  Will it be 2017 or 2018?

I could be tempted to replace current JK with a Rubi.  However, current vehicle is on finance so will need to look at what the settlement figure and what +ve equity there is to throw at a replacement. 

If there they are still making JKs towards the latter part of 2017, I could be in a better position of having some +ve equity.

Please let me know.

• Administrators

Anything factory / Special order is at least 6 months wait! Main Problem is build slots so if you leave it too late then you miss any potential build slots for uk Allocation.  Current JK production can't meet world demand so not all markets even get the JK! 

• Platinum Member

Reminder. This thread is a short window of opportunity to see if anyone who is looking to order the current model, current 2017 production, and would like to take part in a bespoke run.

If we have a handful that fit into that then great we will go for a slot.

Later in the year the final run outs will take place and it is TBD as for which final spec along with production announcments for 2018 (and if that is a JK and JL mix -- or not)

We can look again of course what the spec is at the end of this calendar year and then decide if we want to request any special items.

I will close this current thread in two weeks.

Jim

• Platinum Member

I was wondering if I should join in on this one ... because if the JOC Team are trying to get a "special", I would like to support their efforts.

Was thinking:

Based on a Rubicon (ofcourse); 10th Anniversary hood; body coloured wheel arches; winter pack (engine pre-heater, heated seats, heated screen & headlights); LED lights all round (hence headlights need heating); maybe a Mopar lift kit (with upgraded drive shaft); decent AT tyres; maybe different bumpers - but that would be complicated by safety legislation in UK ...

... then that got me to thinking that maybe the UK could be given the same "build choices" as people in USA ... which led to me thinking it should this way all the time :grrrrrr:

... so back on topic

Unfortunately, I am not actually in the market for a 2017 JK ... so that probably isn't much help to JOC ... unless ... unless ...

WE COULD GET A JK WITH A V8  :gasp:

... maybe the 5.7 hemi conversion kit, with the 8 speed auto box (they know it would fit) ... yes, that would definitely be interesting ...

OK, back in the room, looking for my coat :oops:

• Platinum Member

My "feedback" is only partly tongue in cheek ...

We saw the CJ66 that Jeep put together for Sema 2016 ~ and discussed it here https://www.jeepowners.club/forum/index.php/topic,7680.msg58272.html#msg58272

I think a V8 Rubicon would be the ultimate special edition and a worthy swansong vehicle for the JK. I admit it is (extremely) unlikely and they certainly won't put in the 8 speed auto - they are saving that for the JL - but luckily the existing 5 speed box works perfectly well. And if you don't ask ...

:alien: Anyone else up for this (apparent) insanity :icon_question:

• Platinum Member

My "feedback" is only partly tongue in cheek ...

We saw the CJ66 that Jeep put together for Sema 2016 ~ and discussed it here https://www.jeepowners.club/forum/index.php/topic,7680.msg58272.html#msg58272

I think a V8 Rubicon would be the ultimate special edition and a worthy swansong vehicle for the JK. I admit it is (extremely) unlikely and they certainly won't put in the 8 speed auto - they are saving that for the JL - but luckily the existing 5 speed box works perfectly well. And if you don't ask ...

oooooh, that could be tempting Kerry ! I had thought that Jeep had done one V8 JK a few years back called the Moab edition, almost sure I saw some pics and write up but have  been told it never happened, maybe was just a one off special.  V8 JK or put a V8 in the CJ7 though.......? Tough choice.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: somebody please wake me up.

:alien: Anyone else up for this (apparent) insanity :icon_question:

• Platinum Member

" oooooh, that could be tempting Kerry ! I had thought that Jeep had done one V8 JK a few years back called the Moab edition, almost sure I saw some pics and write up but have  been told it never happened, maybe was just a one off special.  V8 JK or put a V8 in the CJ7 though.......? Tough choice.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: somebody please wake me up."

Try this Tim ... Jeep concept features the 707HP V8 engine from Dodge Hellcat

1024x1024-3-980x420.jpg.21a72b1925eb56c07a56b0e91367f2c0.jpg

• Administrators

" oooooh, that could be tempting Kerry ! I had thought that Jeep had done one V8 JK a few years back called the Moab edition, almost sure I saw some pics and write up but have  been told it never happened, maybe was just a one off special.  V8 JK or put a V8 in the CJ7 though.......? Tough choice.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: somebody please wake me up."

Try this Tim ... Jeep concept features the 707HP V8 engine from Dodge Hellcat

The concept was exactly just that! Did have a drive in it in Spain last year! Too much grunt for most situations ! Sorry I think the V8 route will be aftermarket only!  :grrrrrr:

What we are asking is things that are on the US option list but not currently UK?

IMG_8656.thumb.jpg.a38b22d50488fdb8f13e0a9b544c6fb7.jpg