Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• mark

• Chris

• wjnick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member

following lengthy discussion with my mentor it seems advanced is the route for me , ,, :great:,,,personal I think he just wants to see me get stuck ,,god help him if it all goes wrong  :diablo: :icon_lol:

• Administrators

following lengthy discussion with my mentor it seems advanced is the route for me , ,, :great:,,,personal I think he just wants to see me get stuck ,,god help him if it all goes wrong  :diablo: :icon_lol:

You Should be fine in Tonka! Not so sure about the KJ may bottom out :scratch:

Account_Deleted_02

If you get stuck in Tonka, heaven help the rest of us. When we are sat upto our axles in mud on the plain, waiting for a unimog to pull us out, you have permission to berate me!

• Administrators

If you get stuck in Tonka, heaven help the rest of us. When we are sat upto our axles in mud on the plain, waiting for a unimog to pull us out, you have permission to berate me!

You Won't get a unimog down that lane! Fist one on the video!!  :icon_e_biggrin:

Account_Deleted_02

You Won't get a unimog down that lane! Fist one on the video!!  :icon_e_biggrin:

Is there a petrol station down that lane?

• Administrators

Definitely going. Non scratchy and easy route for me please. :icon_e_biggrin:

Same for me as I'll be in the WJ

Definitely going. Non scratchy and easy route for me please. :icon_e_biggrin:

Up to you both leading!!  :scratch: 

• Platinum Member

Will be bringing Tonka truck , plus recovery ropes n shackles  just in case,  so you shouldn't need a unimog lol,

I have to confess to being a little anxious about the fuel situation , mainly the availability of once on the plains :scratch:dont want to spend half the day worrying about ending up stranded with an empty tank.

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the email notification about this - I'd love to come along if there is space..??

• Platinum Member

Hiya Stewart,

As no one has asked for the last space in the advanced group.

Can I please be added to the top list  :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:

Off road driving experience(just limited in a jeep) Jeep lifted, on mud 33's, recovery hooks fitted front and back, recovery strap and I've bought a shovel for the WIFE  to use if any of us get proper stuck  :great: :great:

Just got to buy her some wellies and she's sorted for pushing too  :diablo:

Account_Deleted_02

Hiya Stewart,

As no one has asked for the last space in the advanced group.

Can I please be added to the top list  :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:

Off road driving experience(just limited in a jeep) Jeep lifted, on mud 33's, recovery hooks fitted front and back, recovery strap and I've bought a shovel for the WIFE  to use if any of us get proper stuck  :great: :great:

Just got to buy her some wellies and she's sorted for pushing too  :diablo:

Oh great!  That'll be me in the smallest jeep in the group again! Am I getting little man syndrome???  :icon_e_biggrin:

• Platinum Member

Oh great!  That'll be me in the smallest jeep in the group again! Am I getting little man syndrome???  :icon_e_biggrin:

lol  :icon_lol:

its not size that matters its what you do with it !!

And trust me Graham I'd be following you around learning from you .

• Platinum Member

lol  :icon_lol:

its not size that matters its what you do with it !!

And trust me Graham I'd be following you around learning from you .

:scratch:

Those using a Jeep WJ with a real engine like mine, (petrol,  :icon_e_biggrin:) will use about half a tank. Fill up at the garage where we are to meet on the Saturday morning prior to venturing onto the Plains is my advice. It is never wise to venture offroad with limited fuel in the tank.....you never know what can happen!

• Platinum Member

and those with a Diesel like mine should get another 10 miles from the same amount of fuel  :icon_lol:

• Platinum Member

Those using a Jeep WJ with a real engine like mine, (petrol,  :icon_e_biggrin:) will use about half a tank. Fill up at the garage where we are to meet on the Saturday morning prior to venturing onto the Plains is my advice. It is never wise to venture offroad with limited fuel in the tank.....you never know what can happen!

Good place to meet there Jules,

fuel for the Jeeps and a KFC for me.

• Administrators

and those with a Diesel like mine should get another 10 miles from the same amount of fuel  :icon_lol:

Well the oil burners will be doing double those V8's easy!!

• Platinum Member

whilst damaging the environment with their oil burning particulate spewing asthma attack inducing  smokey old smelly diesels :diablo: :icon_jokercolor:

Account_Deleted_02

whilst damaging the environment with their oil burning particulate spewing asthma attack inducing  smokey old smelly diesels :diablo: :icon_jokercolor:

He says....with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.....

• Platinum Member

Hi Stewart i would like to go on the more testing route if poss but no worries if that one is full. :wav1 

• Platinum Member

Stewart would you please let someone have my place in the advanced group , I have found a couple of things on this CJ which I would like to put right before I embark on a long journey and a day off road , also I have been informed tonight that my Daughter From who I have not seen for a number of years now is getting engaged and has asked me to go to her engagement party , Hope you all have a good weekend ( have had my name down all year for this so not happy about dropping out as have never been down on the plain, ), look forward to seeing the pics ,  :great:

• Platinum Member

Sorry you can't make it Mark,

but congratulations on your Daughter getting engaged. :great: