Salisbury Plains - January 7/8 2017 - event write up

Jules

First of all I would like to thank Stewart, Jim and Chris for checking the majority of the routes prior to the Saturday night run and Sunday trip.

Secondly to the members, who without the attendance we would not have an event.

Once again I had a great time on the Plains. The conditions at times were trying to say the least under the tyres, but all coped admirably. Some of the puddles were a little deeper than anticipated and some Jeeps went home "two tone". Bonnet and roof!

Thanks to all who attended.

Of course, group three were by far the best group and our detour to avoid the A303 traffic was memorable past the pig farm!

• Platinum Member

Thanks for great two days all....

Jules, your no right turn policy was a great decision.

Looking forward to the next run down there, especially for team 3

• Administrators

Big thanks to all the team this weekend!  :great:  We hope you all had a great time? Myself Jim and he team throughly enjoyed the weekend with you all! We look forward to meeting up again soon, maybe next weekend meet or down at Slindon in Feb? :great:

• Platinum Member

Big thank you to all who arranged this weekend and for making the foundation of a great weekend offroading for Alfie and I... some great pics were taken. Here's one from today, taken of our Jeep by Alfie, aged 8. He's got a good eye i think... particularly as this was his first experience with this camera

JP-flex.thumb.jpg.e2f29eee73fced4397f1d6a598c10f28.jpg

• Platinum Member

Big thank you to all who arranged this weekend and for making the foundation of a great weekend offroading for Alfie and I... some great pics were taken. Here's one from today, taken of our Jeep by Alfie, aged 8. He's got a good eye i think... particularly as this was his first experience with this camera

Guess it was following you up the M11 from Stanstead to J9, I was the Toyota Hi Lux behind you  :na: , not in the Jeep as I had just got back from Italy. Looked like you had a great time at Salisbury Plains by the state of the Jeep  :great:. and you are local to me.

• Platinum Member

I know exactly which Hilux you are... you were the only one I saw on the trip home... so yes it was me!

• Platinum Member

I asked Stuart to be my depth meter... instead he became my depth charge and very lucky not to get stuck in the process.... I'm so glad I didn't take the plunge as it would've definitely ended up with water in my engine!

Stuart-Dive.thumb.jpg.e4b0e0d61b21a1556da299aebd08c474.jpg

Stu-Dive.thumb.jpg.63622a512a9b9b4738d584efb33881ec.jpg

• Platinum Member

Many thanks to Stewart, Jim , Chris and Jules for organising another great JOC event! Had a brilliant weekend, good fun and good to see and chat to a great bunch of Jeepers.

Thanks to Jules ( and navigator ! )  for a sterling job leading out group 3 on day two..........blazing our own trail  :mdr: :mdr: , and for help mopping out the air intake ( should've taken more notice of my depth gauge eh Aled ! great pics btw ). Definitely a highlight on the calendar this one.

Have had to take today off work to clean the Jeep, inside is almost as bad as outside !

• Platinum Member

two things are important when offroading... traction and ground clearance... and clearly this little Jeep had sufficient of both to go much further than i think almost everyone expected

Jeep-renegade.jpg.244de141fac9400fdcee158652866628.jpg

• Platinum Member
chrisproalfa

Thanks for organising a great event and being so welcoming to us new members, finally getting to see what the renegades capable of!

It's looking a lot cleaner this afternoon  926ed01b2aaa450cf40d4d15b638c9a5.jpg

Can't wait for the next event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible to see what any of the Jeeps are capable of achieving.

What makes it so interesting is that almost each Jeep is different in some way or another. No driver drives the same line so each obstacle is "attacked" differently.

Some amazing pictures of another great JOC event.

Remember:  "Only" the Jeep Owners Club offers you this and so much more.

• Platinum Member

some more pics of the day.

Sadly I spent most of the looking at the rear end of a cow.....

And, as the map 'broke' cough, cough, never got see many of the other groups......

DSC_8177.thumb.jpg.b38effd39dcebe687ebff8edb4c7a665.jpg

DSC_8161.thumb.jpg.ec9acd8545983a47e128271c6879776f.jpg

DSC_8171.thumb.jpg.75a62ec3897708e25f9604bb82ecd40c.jpg

• Platinum Member

Thanks to Jules ( and navigator ! )  for a sterling job leading out group 3 on day two..........blazing our own trail

I have the whole no right turn route on film.......

• Platinum Member

Another great JOC event . Just to echo the comments in the previous posts , great  work Stuart , Chris, Jim  & Jules for making this happen thanks guys . Enjoyed  both a night drive ,  and the Sunday on the plains . Met some great people  as always .  With a special thanks to Jules  for leading our group in such pioneering way , that Earnest  Shackleton himself would be proud of. All the best Gary

• Platinum Member

Thanks so much to the team leaders for all the help and special care over the weekend! They lent their equipment, pulled us out the mud and passed on tips & advice throughout. Just perfect - cheers guys. Made some new friends too - what a great club - gets better all the time! Brought most of the Plains home with us on the Jeep it seems but just about clean again now. See you all soon, Phill & Sandra. :)

IMG_6059.thumb.JPG.034492dad33db1b8bd51e3f26695475b.JPG

IMG_6066.thumb.JPG.de14f05e0f9e6ffdc7e42b9cded17c96.JPG

IMG_6069.thumb.JPG.b0c6d980e071e8fb37806d8822172364.JPG

IMG_6071.thumb.JPG.b067f800b7c7cd78a15ba40fbcf41279.JPG

• Platinum Member

A few pics from last weekend.......

1 & 2 ....... group 3 out on the trails, so far so good  :great:

3.......... oncoming Jeeps, why are all the other groups going the wrong way?? :scratch:

4........ group 3, end of a hard days trail blazing, we're not lost, we're exploring !  :na:

all in all a thoroughly good weekend  :glasses:

IMG_0773.thumb.JPG.2078e0e7502f7280323e76ba295c4e54.JPG

IMG_0775.thumb.JPG.060013a316d83212f0a712be9fea3b57.JPG

IMG_0776.thumb.JPG.95a6db7d6476eb12193146ef4d31c067.JPG

IMG_0778.thumb.JPG.777f18ddff78c9ee870515565047ee06.JPG