JEEP threw a tantrum

sargan

• Platinum Member

I have Cherokee 2015 Limited  - automatic

Got in it today, started - then came up the error 'parking sensors not working'

OK just assumed dirt on sensor, got out and wiped them all clean - tried again went to drive off and then all manner of issues - first off when I put it in D  ... I could not increase revs - it would not go anywhere - other than drive out of my driveway at idle speed

Stopped - put it in park and got alarm message about parking brake failed

The when I tried to put in in Drive - hell of a clunk and jerking and error message 'Transmission Failure'

If I tried to put it in D or would feel like you were engaging a gear without proper use of clutch out on a manual car  ...  really loud clunk and whole car jerks.

Tried restarts - still same .

OK .. got out, locked car .. then normal entry sequence and restarted .. and all now OK .... other than the orange engine management icon now illuminated.

Called dealer - sorry no one here until next Wednesday ....  seems to be OK and no other issues when driven - but lack of confidence in it.

Anybody else had any similar type of issue.

I know there is a recall for a new Transmission wiring harness - mine has not arrived yet, but know it is due.

• Platinum Member

Have you put diagnostic kit on it? If so, what do the fault codes say? That'd be the starting point of further investigation i'd suggest

• Platinum Member

See if this works

Turn the ignition key until the digital odometer displays, repeat three times in succession and then back to "On" (On/Off, On/Off, On/Off, On). At the fourth "On" the odometer will be replaced with codes. If no codes are present then "Done" will appear.

• Platinum Member

OK  went and checked, no key slot that I could find.

Looked in owners manual - no mention of one.

Phoned dealer - suggestion was call out JEEP assist - they can check alarm codes.

I called JEEP assist - they will not check alarm codes - only recover vehicle by truck to dealer (50 miles away)

Phoned dealer again, to explain car on its way in ... they can't look at it until 19th Jan    (22 days !!!!)  earliest service dept. slot,  so much for buying from a main dealer.

Due to be collected for recovery in 1.5 Hr time    :-(

• Platinum Member

Not good enough! Still under warranty?

Go and play merry hell with them.

It only takes 5 minutes to plug in a code reader and get the codes - the bl@@dy receptionist could do it!!

Also, go and buy yourself a code reader!

• Platinum Member

Don't use Twitter

Car now at dealers .... they have agreed to look at error codes today and get back to me.

So will wait for their response.

• Platinum Member

tbh neither do I ..but joined after Jeep UK banned me from their facebook page  :grrrrrr: but did find the care folk on Twitter very helpful .. just another avenue if you get stuck  :icon_e_wink:

• Platinum Member

Thx - will use if necessary.

Bit surprised with JEEP on the spares position on the recall  S55  (Trans Axle harness)

Recall states it can go into Neutral without warning - risking accident.

Told about this many weeks ago - but dealer still does not have parts.

• Platinum Member

I used to work in parts at a Jeep dealership and now work at a Land Rover dealership (for my sins)

You'll be surprised how many manufacturers launch recalls and run out of parts for them, unbelievable really when they now how many vehicles are requiring the recall.

Daz

• Platinum Member

Not looking too good.

Dealer advise diagnostics show gearbox is faulty.

They are not allowed to work on the gearbox, so have to raise a Technical case with JEEP.

Due to holiday period it is unknown when they will get a response, I start a new job on 3rd and need a car, esp as I have to drive to airport for flight on 7th.

They won't loan me a car that at some point would need to be put in airport car park, advised I should contact JEEP customer service for a hire car.

Contacted JEEP they advise it is up to dealer to resolve any replacement car  !!!!!

At least I raised a custoner service ticket .... this could become messy.

• Platinum Member

sounds about right ...ask them if they'll reimburse you for a taxi to and from airport if they're not allowing you a car to take there 

• Platinum Member

Moved on a bit -

I just phoned Dealer at 4pm .... as no call form them - advised new gearbox has to be ordered - expected to be up to 2 weeks.

Would have been nice if they had called me to let me know !

They did advise that they have had approval form JEEP customer care to give me a loan car .... but will not deliver it ... so have to find someone who will do a 100 mile round trip to drop me off at Garage.

Then another 50 miles for me to drive it home.

I asked if they can deliver - no .... if I want a loan car I have to go to them.

• Administrators

Call up Jeep Customer relations

Open Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 18:00 on 00800 0426 5337 they will take details and initially give you a case number.

Let us know how you get on with the loan car delivery ?

• Platinum Member

They would not deliver a loan/hire car, had to persuade a family member to do a 100 mile round trip to take me to dealer.

Initially they advised they would not provide a car for me to drive to airport ... or a one-way hire to airport.

I raised ticket with JEEP care and that seemed to work, they advised it is Dealer responsibility, so at least they have agreed to provide a car for me to use on any travel until mine is fixed.

Update is that Gearbox ordered .. may arrive end of next week.

• Administrators

That sounds promising ! Considering they build 1200 KL Cherokee every day you would expect a reasonable delivery time for a replacement ! Problem lies with parts going to Italy first then shipped to the UK!  :scratch:

• Platinum Member

Had a similar issue with a ford a few years ago. collected car and gearbox faulty returned following day. Garage said at least 3 weeks for a replacement or recon one. There answer was supplied as just in time and to put one out of sequence was not possible. Did get a new one in the end....