Cooper St tyres

Rolf

• Platinum Member

Yesterday I had one of my Coopers ST's sidewall split badly on the road, I can find no other fault, has anybody else suffer this form of failure? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

More info please - how old (warranty claim?), how many miles on them, what sizes, what pressure running at? What predominant use, road, off road, or a mixture of both?

• Platinum Member

More info please - how old (warranty claim?), how many miles on them, what sizes, what pressure running at? What predominant use, road, off road, or a mixture of both?

Not sure if the age or mileage as I haven't had the JK from new but I run them around 30psi and the use is predominantly road use although I had been off road 10 mins before this happened.

• Platinum Member

Rolf Cooper ST's are the best A/T 50/50 tyre i've ever used... they were replaced by Cooper (along with the ST/C) around 4/5yrs ago by the Cooper ST Maxx .... so you must have some very old tyres on your Jeep i'd imagine.

Rolf Cooper ST's are the best A/T 50/50 tyre i've ever used... they were replaced by Cooper (along with the ST/C) around 4/5yrs ago by the Cooper ST Maxx .... so you must have some very old tyres on your Jeep i'd imagine.

Tyres will have a 4 digit code that will tell you week and year of manufacturing

1314 would work out to week 13 in 2014.

If you only have a 3 digit code, then that's pre 2000.

• Platinum Member

I will check the code out of interest but I got the model wrong forgot the 2nd T. They are actually STT's.