End of the Jeep Diesel ???

BLUE STAR

• Platinum Member

Hmmmm.....

I've not seen anything or heard about FCA being hit for covering diesel emissions as VAG did.  It will be interesting to see where this evidence has come from...  if they have used so called cheating devices, then it will affect all diesel vehicles globally not just in California

• Platinum Member

Wouldn't mind some cheating in my JK, might improve on the 22mpg I got today coming down the A1 from the nether regions of Lincolnshire, at a steady cruise  :grrrrrr:

Hey Ho

• Platinum Member

22mpg James..nightmare! you do know its a 6 speeder dont you? I feel like mines in reverse with the light bar whistling above pushing on a windy day but Ive never get 22 mpg maybe 24 or 25. If its clement weather always 27-28. Hope it gets better.

• Platinum Member

Wouldn't mind some cheating in my JK, might improve on the 22mpg I got today coming down the A1 from the nether regions of Lincolnshire, at a steady cruise  :grrrrrr:

Hey Ho

22 at a steady cruise??  What speed do you class as a steady cruise?

Even changing the tyres to ATs I still get 24-25 constant

• Platinum Member

Hey Ho

Jim, could be that you've not recalibrated for the 285s on the yellow peril. I don't bother recalibrating when I put the 285s on because they aren't on for very long but I definitely notice a BIG reduction in mpg according to the computer and its not just when its off road driving. Although the speedo isn't out by much when compared to the nav, it is 2-3 mph higher at 70mph on the 245s and 2-3 mph lower on the 285s. Or did you recalibrate in the end after all? Just a thought.

Cheers

• Platinum Member

not a JK but the wifes 2.0d Renegade only managed 39.5 mpg average on a 690 mile motorway round trip at a steady 70mph thats 1/3 less than advertised Jeep brochure says 60+ mpg  :grrrrrr: so yes I'd say there is some witchcraft going on

• Platinum Member

Hey Ho

.........or, have you checked under the bonnet Jim, maybe you've got a V6 petrol in there !!  :rofl:

• Platinum Member

.........or, have you checked under the bonnet Jim, maybe you've got a V6 petrol in there !!  :rofl:

:icon_massacre:

Beginning to wish I had got one Tim. No I haven't re calibrated as yet, may after the next tyre change. trouble is because of too many short runs, it takes a bit to catch up after emptying the DPF all over the road (b***dy diesels eh)

• Platinum Member

22 at a steady cruise??  What speed do you class as a steady cruise?

Even changing the tyres to ATs I still get 24-25 constant

Mostly 70, slightly bigger tyres, and mother inlaws washing on the back seat  :icon_e_confused:

• Platinum Member

22mpg James..nightmare! you do know its a 6 speeder dont you? I feel like mines in reverse with the light bar whistling above pushing on a windy day but Ive never get 22 mpg maybe 24 or 25. If its clement weather always 27-28. Hope it gets better.

And when I had my 2007, without DPF, stock tyres & and an ECU remap (hard to do on 2010 upwards JK !) I had the same 27/29 on runs. even over 30 sometimes. and that was with an auto.

Newer technology eh, its MAD

• Platinum Member

I hear the same from people at work who disco sports. The advertised mpg nowhere near what they are getting. It was the same on my Kia sportage.

They work it out by driving an oval circuit which is wind free, and they only record when up to speed

End of the diesel....Hurray. The bigger the petrol engine the better.......hurray.

Happy "sunny" days driving my petrol engine Jeep to you all. And will continue to do so for as long as I am able.

Assuming I can see where to drive,  and am able to breath, because of the polluting toxic fumes belching diesel in front!