My XJ

IrishMick

• Platinum Member

Ok....I will be selling my XJ soon...but this is not a sales post as I will be putting the actual sale in the proper forum

It will be going for the 3K mark so this is just a post for all the know-it-alls/DIY people looking for a Jeep who will end up saying "Dude....you're asking too much and you'll never get it" or "I can pick one up for £500, blah blah...." who at the same time are selling XJ's because they fell apart because they built it wrong or put it together with duct tape or some other lame/pitiful excuse.

So on that note......all those people can get it out of your system now on this post so when I do post it for sale only those who know what a good build is and know that you get what you pay for will pass on the info to those looking for a good rig offroad.

Cheers,

Mick

• Platinum Member

Looking forward to seeing the ad!  I'm not in the market for another XJ (yet) but I'm keen to see what you've done to it. No doubt it'll sell for what it's worth to a knowledgeable buyer who knows what they're after and what they're looking at.  Good luck!

• Platinum Member

Ok....I will be selling my XJ soon...but this is not a sales post as I will be putting the actual sale in the proper forum

It will be going for the 3K mark so this is just a post for all the know-it-alls/DIY people looking for a Jeep who will end up saying "Dude....you're asking too much and you'll never get it" or "I can pick one up for £500, blah blah...." who at the same time are selling XJ's because they fell apart because they built it wrong or put it together with duct tape or some other lame/pitiful excuse.

So on that note......all those people can get it out of your system now on this post so when I do post it for sale only those who know what a good build is and know that you get what you pay for will pass on the info to those looking for a good rig offroad.

Cheers,

Mick

"Dude....you're asking too much and you'll never get it"  "I can pick one up for £500 and get 300 rolls of Duct tape to fix it up real nice with for that kind of money blah blah...."  :icon_e_wink: :icon_e_wink:

phew ! glad I got that out of my system  :mdr:

I wouldn't worry to much Mick, if you post it up here I think the majority of people who'll see it will know what they're talking about. It's just about getting the right buyer at the right time. Good luck  :great: ( not meant in a "good luck with that then" kinda way  :icon_geek: ) Will look forward to seeing it, although likewise, not in the market for (another) XJ!

• Platinum Member

XJ Passengers were never issued to our market, we only got the LGV 2 seaters. I got this one in Chichester so its a UK vehicle. But that's not why I'm selling it, I have to move Stateside to care for my ageing mother and I can't do a permanent import as Jeep won't issue a letter of conformity even though its the same engine and ECU and ODBII for that year when it was built in America. so she has to go.

Road tax over here for mine though is €1800/yearly