Wrangler JK Air dam

fen01

• Platinum Member

Having just replaced my front bumper, there is no real way of re-fitting the air dam.

So, the question is, what does the air dam do?  Do I need it?  Do I need to work out how to fit to the new bumper?

• Platinum Member

The what Fen? Do you mean the plastic ribbed scoop thingy that hangs off the bottom of the original? If so then I wouldn't worry about it , didn't refit it on mine. Looking forward to seeing this new bumper fitted....

• Administrators

Jeep Actually changed the design slightly in 2011 ! the air dam comes down lower than the previous models purely for aerodynamics ! Now we all know the wrangler has precious little of that! But it was all part of a few tweaks at the time when they did a minor facelift (new interior and many other changes in 2011) So the air dam was made deeper also the leading edge of the hardtop modified to sit slightly lower that previously !

Apart from that it doesn't do much else! If you want some protection then you best get the steel skid not as aerodynamic version! Also the stock Air dam often needs cutting back with larger tyre sizes !

• Platinum Member

As Stewart says, good excuse for a new one.

Yep, forget about the crappy plastic piece. It is literally worthless!