Jeep Owners Club M.O.D D1 Bagshot September 21st 2013 Write up!

stewart

• Platinum Member

Went Hawkstone closer by @ 150 miles :icon_lol:..you southern guys seem to have trees further apart so if you run another one might try and make it in the WH

• Administrators

Went Hawkstone closer by @ 150 miles :icon_lol:..you southern guys seem to have trees further apart so if you run another one might try and make it in the WH

Hi Stew went to Hawkstone a while back with the Old Jeep Owners Club!! Would like to re visit! Who runs the site these days??

• Platinum Member

Hi Stew went to Hawkstone a while back with the Old Jeep Owners Club!! Would like to re visit! Who runs the site these days??

Was that the event Vince ran..If so I was there...sites run by a chap called Billy Hilton...google Ash 4x4

• Administrators

Was that the event Vince ran..If so I was there...sites run by a chap called Billy Hilton...google Ash 4x4

Thanks! Yes I was there with my leg in plaster!

• Platinum Member

A great Jeep day out.  Good collection of Jeeps and owners.  Thanks for organising Stewart, and special thanks to our tour guide Pete.

now if i can figure out how to upload my photos!

• Platinum Member

It was very close indeed but you are one of the rare ones who had the guts to go for it!! Well done Graham!! You're my Hero !! Lol

Me I watched Mark and I thought if he can't with his KJ no point trying with mine coz when you got 2 hrs drive to go back home including the M25 it would look a bit messy to come back with only 3 wheels !! Lol

Apart from that Leigh and I had a great time in Bagshot and not only in board of the Jeep but also by chatting to some smashing guys members of our club and members of theirs!

All in all a great event so big thank you to you guys who arranged all this, I am sure Stewart is definitely the main man here but also to Mark who divided his time Marshalling and taking pics of us all but also managed to

Give us a show. Can't say he gives up easily!! Lol

I am still in hospital now looking forward to get out this evening and to go back on my two Feet (literally!)

And please let us know when you plan to go to Hawkstone Park as if I am back driving I would love to go.

image.thumb.jpg.a3f4d54175140a5cd6f79b97d37f7385.jpg

Christian,

Hope your recover is swift.

My wife is currently lying in bed at home with a similar cast, the reason why I did not make Bagshot this time. :-(

6 more weeks in this before moving to an air cast boot if she is lucky.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380126554.650608.thumb.jpg.c296f64910b605c8d424743d508b95b0.jpg

• Platinum Member

I couldn't get the JK over it, interesting looking at these photos. Axel has much more articulation and sailed over, he also took a better line. I was gagging to have another go after seeing him go over but decided against it....the JK just bellied out.

Fun trying though  :icon_e_biggrin:

bagshot10.thumb.jpg.052715e651a90d1dfffd237dae3e9cb4.jpg

bagshot7.thumb.jpg.536dac51619f2f4216a2ea8405f9bd2c.jpg

bagshot12.thumb.jpg.03a7798e91c657d352a8863ccb743cd0.jpg

• Platinum Member

Christian,

Hope your recover is swift.

My wife is currently lying in bed at home with a similar cast, the reason why I did not make Bagshot this time. :-(

6 more weeks in this before moving to an air cast boot if she is lucky.

Thanks Neal,

Why is your wife in a cast for such a long time then?

Thanks Neal,

Why is your wife in a cast for such a long time then?

Short answer is becuase she is a freak and wants some attention rather than the Jeep.

Long answer is that she has just had the second joint of her big toe "removed" and fused together due to the joint destroying itself. The length of time relates to the time needed for the bones to fuse round all the new metal work. If all goes well then 6 more weeks till the boot, if not then longer......

Needs to have the other foot done once this one is all healed in a year or so.......

I am sticking with the first answer!

what about you, hopefully nothing as challenging?

• Platinum Member

I couldn't get the JK over it, interesting looking at these photos. Axel has much more articulation and sailed over, he also took a better line. I was gagging to have another go after seeing him go over but decided against it....the JK just bellied out.

You gave it a good go too Steve and looking at the pics you enclosed we can see the difference of articulation between your JK still connected to anti roll bar and Steve's Grand Cherokee disconnected so fair play to you mate if you can't get contact with the ground you can't get traction unless you had a front locker.

• Platinum Member

I went next in my KJ :icon_redface:

And you put some mega effort in too Mark, nice one, I was impressed  :great:

Thanks Steve ,  just hate being beaten  :grrrrrr: :grrrrrr: :grrrrrr: :grrrrrr: :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:, knocked tracking for 6 , shifted x member , £60 for a 4 wheel align and adjust ,, caster is still all to cock but drives ok

• Platinum Member

what about you, hopefully nothing as challenging?

Oh dear you're a bit harsh with your good lady ! Lol

I will reply to your question by Pm as this is slightly "off subject"  for a Jeep Forum. Lol

• Platinum Member

Thanks Steve ,  just hate being beaten  :grrrrrr: :grrrrrr: :grrrrrr: :grrrrrr: :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:, knocked tracking for 6 , shifted x member , £60 for a 4 wheel align and adjust ,, caster is still all to cock but drives ok

Same here but experience was sitting on my shoulder saying nope, you tried enough times (but the the devil on the other shoulder was saying go onnnnn ya bloody wuss)

I was standing in front of you when there was a bit of crunch, thought you'd pinged something. Glad ya sorted, you had a go and made some cool shots in the process.

• Platinum Member

Surprised me when noticed steering pulling , wasn't until I got off site I realised just how badly is was knocked out  :scratch: