the use of locktite

fen01

• Platinum Member

so, this weekend the damage OEM bumper is being replaced.  My question to those who have replaced OEM bumpers, is there any worth in using Locktite on the new fixings?

In the past when I have ever had to replace re-build cars, there has always been a liberal use of locktite.  Is there any worth in continuing with this ethos?

• Administrators

so, this weekend the damage OEM bumper is being replaced.  My question to those who have replaced OEM bumpers, is there any worth in using Locktite on the new fixings?

In the past when I have ever had to replace re-build cars, there has always been a liberal use of locktite.  Is there any worth in continuing with this ethos?

Never a bad thing ! At least it stops that part of the thread corroding as well as reassurance things won't rattle apart!

• Platinum Member

If you're going to use it use it sparingly, carefully and choose a low grade would be my advice, I try and avoid using it at all costs because at some stage you may want to get the bolts off again.