... restyled my JK

Vuck Roger

• Platinum Member

Gents,

as per title... I have a new head unit and the sound is AMAZING compared to the anaemic stock. Just need to sort the reason why hands free calling is not retrieving sound, but Chris already gave me a good tip that I will try during the week (or tomorrow!)

Meantime, I accidentally had a close encounter while I was parking at home... one of these really stupid situations, but I literally broke the side marker and the inner fender frame.

Long shot, but does anyone with recently upgraded fenders have these parts collecting dust around?

Calling the dealership on Monday. Oh, and the side light still works fine!

Pioneer.jpg.a9230e23858ba2818caa8c6d168ea8ac.jpg

Right_side_1.jpg.29bed2ab6dfdb5035e05c1e981bb8e2c.jpg

Righ_side_2.jpg.29eb2de84b7c7b0eada41ba2e94615ac.jpg

Part.jpg.ffdfb69359a9c4e9407036c0da138c0a.jpg

Guest Toptooler

Like that unit what brand is it ?

Try Andy at Jeepey.com for inner fender frame I got a full set of outer fenders of him very cheap.

He is at Kielder this weekend.

• Platinum Member

Like that unit what brand is it ?

Try Andy at Jeepey.com for inner fender frame I got a full set of outer fenders of him very cheap.

He is at Kielder this weekend.

Unit is a Pioneer SPH-DA120. Sound output is great and the unit is quite well priced compared to other options around. No DAB, if that matters.

Also fitted a reverse camera. Image is alright during the day, but the IR makes it great during the night. I have no extra backup light installed, yet...

• Administrators

Would think you will find a replacement Fender Flare with all the Jeeps that have gone after market  :glasses:

• Platinum Member

Would think you will find a replacement Fender Flare with all the Jeeps that have gone after market  :glasses:

True, challenge is proven to be that people want to sell to full set - and being paid for the full set! - or just have the outside part for sale, and I only need the inner fende. The outside is just slightly scratched.

On my way to Hugues Jeep then...

Guest Toptooler

Just give a couple of days a lot of people are out and about at weekend

Also try Alex at buzz racing as he has fitted flat fenders to his JKU

• Platinum Member

Just give a couple of days a lot of people are out and about at weekend

Also try Alex at buzz racing as he has fitted flat fenders to his JKU

Already done

• Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about the problem with your wing Hugo ...

Like quite a few others, I have a spare set of outer fenders - the inners are still on my truck - hope you can sort it out soon.

Great looking Pioneer unit :great:

Chucked a set not long back, sat around for ever and guessed no body would want a stock set, Try Paul at PB Customs . He has an ever growing mountain of take of Jeep parts :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Chucked a set not long back, sat around for ever and guessed no body would want a stock set, Try Paul at PB Customs . He has an ever growing mountain of take of Jeep parts :great:

Paul was kind enough to send me a meme of Stevie Wonder... so I guess that is solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

I think I have a spare inner and outer flare, and lamp holder, I fly home from Dubai tomorrow, send me your number by PM.

• Platinum Member

Thanks all. Went down the dealership route, seemingly these are quite inexpensive parts and all comes diwn to about £40 including assembling hardware.

On another note, although I would love some flat fenders I am not considering that option due to several reasons: 1) I mostly drive my JK through France, Spain and Portugal and the officers of the law do not appreciate the fact that most options do not have side lights; 2) I have an AEV snorkel and that limits the options, 3) I have no plans to go above 285/70/17 or, at most 315/70/17.

But thanks for the suggestions!

• Platinum Member

Thanks all. Went down the dealership route, seemingly these are quite inexpensive parts and all comes diwn to about £40 including assembling hardware.

On another note, although I would love some flat fenders I am not considering that option due to several reasons: 1) I mostly drive my JK through France, Spain and Portugal and the officers of the law do not appreciate the fact that most options do not have side lights; 2) I have an AEV snorkel and that limits the options, 3) I have no plans to go above 285/70/17 or, at most 315/70/17.

But thanks for the suggestions!

Hugh,

My Poisonspyder ones didnt have any option for side lights/indicators but i just bought the 3/4  amber units and had my garage drill a mounting hole in them and all done.

Pretty sure the Nemesis ones that Alex at Buzz racing has them as well- They are pretty awesome as well.

Paul

Don't rule it out mate...

• Platinum Member

Hi Paul,

thanks for your input. My problem is that they cover enough of the tyre and that is a BIG no on my book.

Cannot afford to spend extra money paying fines all over Europe; need all the £££ for the 3.8!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Took the time today, after the ice layer melt on my JK and brought her back to spec.

Manage to re-use some of the parts that were not damaged and after 2 hours including wash, mud removal, a touch of paint and instalation the end results makes me pretty happy!

If anyone needs help with this in a near future, I might give some tips on how to best achieve it!

Ready for Salisbury!!!!

IMG_0581.thumb.JPG.ca4834458b8792e3e8d803114edc0c96.JPG

• Platinum Member

Very nice Hugo :great:

PS it looks brand new ... well done.

Thanks, that's because these are absolutely new parts! Flew directly from the USA, since they were not available in the UK or Italy.

Spent the last 2 days driving around in the ground fog. Good use of the JW Speakers set. Was the first time I used the fogs!