M6 toll road - Caution.

Rolf

• Platinum Member

What a rip off, used the toll road on Friday night and got charged £11. I have gone to challenge it today as the lady in the toll booth didn't want to know at the time and they have said that they now use auto detection systems and as my Jeep exceeds 1.3m from the ground to above the bonnet then it gets charged as a HGV.

That will be the last time I use that road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrators

What a rip off, used the toll road on Friday night and got charged £11. I have gone to challenge it today as the lady in the toll booth didn't want to know at the time and they have said that they now use auto detection systems and as my Jeep exceeds 1.3m from the ground to above the bonnet then it gets charged as a HGV.

I found that out also a few months back!!

• Platinum Member

Other members have been told it is the axel height. Have been charged passenger car in one direction and HGV in the other on multiple occasions.

RIP OFF indeed.

Had it many times now, get receipt and send it to them with photo showing it's a class 4 vehicle and they will refund you [emoji106]

• Platinum Member

Had it many times now, get receipt and send it to them with photo showing it's a class 4 vehicle and they will refund you [emoji106]

Thanks, I will do that.

• Platinum Member

Rolf . Thx for the heads up I never realised .. Was going to use the Toll on Friday on my way up to the Kielder event on Saturday ...but not for £11 ...I will just have another couple of  beers after the run  instead    :happy:

• Platinum Member

Mind you, yours is about the same height as a 7.5 tonner Chris  :icon_e_wink: :icon_e_wink:

been through many a time in my tiny JK and never a problem  :icon_e_biggrin:

:rofl:

I was told the cameras measure where diameter to determine what the class of vehicle is, this was by the lady I argued with at the booth. Pay on card then send letter, they will not refund if you paid cash she told me!

Obviously you need bigger tyre's Tim!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

I was told the cameras measure where diameter to determine what the class of vehicle is, this was by the lady I argued with at the booth. Pay on card then send letter, they will not refund if you paid cash she told me!

That's me b******d, I paid cash. To be honest I am just going to put it down to a lesson learnt.

• Platinum Member

Obviously I do!!  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

.......workin' on it.....