2017 Events coming soon!

stewart

• Administrators

We are working on the 2017 event Calendar but we would love your feedback on the type of events and how many you would like to see before we finalise.

Please make suggestions and give feedback here for example :

• Green Lane Events UK
  • Show and Shine - Car shows
  • Off road site hire JOC Pay and play days
  • Winch training days
  • Expeditions Pyrenees, Corsica for example
  • Local meets
  • Brands Hatch American Speedfest 
  • Urban Jeep cruise

Are among a few things we have planned let us know your thoughts so we are able to provide the best events for YOU for 2017!

JOCUKSC16-2286.thumb.jpg.ecd8e4ea28d846e1fb35cd9e0e9f5c03.jpg

• Platinum Member

Events I would like to see, and attend, dates/location permitting :-

Green Lane UK trips, daily and weekend camping, when weather more favourable (but I'm not averse to a bit of cold!)  - covering more of southern UK if possible.

JOC Pay & Play days/weekends - again depending on dates and location.  Not possible to please everyone I know!

Urban Cruises, not necessarily London - there are several other big towns and cities in UK I'm told!

• Platinum Member

heck it doesn't seem like 5 minutes since I read the last one that said '' 2016 events coming soon '' .  don't time fly when your having fun . :rofl:

• Platinum Member

Green lane and pay and play JOC days at some different venues, but would like to re visit whitecliffe and hawkstone

• Platinum Member

• Green Lane Events UK
  • Show and Shine - Car shows
  • Off road site hire JOC Pay and play days
  • Local meets
  • Brands Hatch American Speedfest 
  • Urban Jeep cruise

I'd like to get to those I've listed if I can, and I certainly enjoyed the Urban Cruise. Denise may well be happy for me to attend the next one (if it happens) on my own, bless her  :icon_rolleyes:

• Platinum Member

I'd love to do the wales expedition, green lane days or maybe some sort of tour? I'd also like to do summer camp but struggle to get time off at short notice. Would be nice to have a few local pub type meets or lane trips but don't of any jeepers in the south west.

• Platinum Member

Ur working on 20176 event's a ,that micro sleep I took on the M6 tonight must have been longer than I thought  :sleep: no wonder I feel old.

• Administrators

Ur working on 20176 event's a ,that micro sleep I took on the M6 tonight must have been longer than I thought  :sleep: no wonder I feel old.

Well spotted ! Someone gets more sleep than me then!!  :gasp:

• Platinum Member

Would be nice to have some "exchange Jeepers" with other Jeep clubs across Europe. Met some great people at Camp Jeep in Spain earlier this year and it seems that many of the countries hold there own Summer Camp events each year might be nice to have a small group "exchange" and attend each other's events

Other than that just keep up the good work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Administrators

Would be nice to have some "exchange Jeepers" with other Jeep clubs across Europe. Met some great people at Camp Jeep in Spain earlier this year and it seems that many of the countries hold there own Summer Camp events each year might be nice to have a small group "exchange" and attend each other's events

Other than that just keep up the good work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

One of the things that we are working on!  :glasses:  Any other thoughts on events??

• Platinum Member

Orienteering

Some similar events to the Brugge run, maybe a Chateau run or Vinyard run with overnight stay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

The variety and quality offered by JOC is as always excellent :great:

My preference would be for expeditions ... and really want to make it to the Pyrenees next year ...

would also like to do a road trip and think NC500 in Scotland would be quite an adventure :glasses:

• Platinum Member

The team met Sunday and 2017 dates and events will start getting posted (some already have)

The 500 has already been identified and dates to follow..........

• Platinum Member
marty and lucy

Bovington Tank Training ground in Dorset is great. Went for day last august as part of (cancelled at last minute) south coast 4x4 show. You get free run over entire site which includes vast open spaces with obstacles and forest tracks. Suits all abilities. (will try and attach some video stills)

Also, would love more green lane trips (already booked on Sailsbury Plains!), play days (Whitecliff quarry was really good) and local meets for Glos/Wilts/Somerset area.

Thanks in advance for organising such great events.  :great:

bovington_open.png.ed3531b05086f862ad385929fb87c223.png

bovington_open_2.png.de0728e04cd496dfa0e29b66a1b88a8b.png

bovington_forest.png.416e31f047fd5a4ee49303f765fd4a27.png

bovington_forest_2.png.b12ae292e523fd423f8d70296c263e81.png

• Platinum Member

Suggestions for 2017, really only have one main one:

"keep doing what you're doing"

I only joined the club this year (have been in other 4x4 clubs before) and I've been really impressed with pretty much every aspect, everyone has been really friendly and helpful, I like the forum, no bitching or slagging anyone off that I've seen, there's a lot of patting each other on the back about how nice our Jeeps are, but hey! nothing wrong with that. Lots of experience and help to draw on if you need it.

I've been really impressed with the range and quality of the events, done social meets ( Super sausage ! up for that again in '17 ) P&P days, American auto club, green lane trips and the summer camp (fantastically well organised even if Devils pit wasn't, in my opinion, an ideal site )  and can't really fault any of it. only thing I didn't get on was a UK 2-3 day trip before Bob went off the Radar so maybe a Yorkshire dales /lake district run would be nice. I'd like maybe to see more small informal lanes trips, maybe run by the members as well as the guided trips, not sure why that doesn't seem to happen more often, must be lots of local knowledge out there. Urban cruises? Not so much my cup of tea but the club provides well for a wide range of tastes so why not?

Oh, and I'm with Marty & Lucy on Bovington  :mdr:

So that's my thoughts for what it's worth.....suggestions for 2017? More of the same please  :great: 

• Platinum Member

Bovington Tank Training ground in Dorset is great. Went for day last august as part of (cancelled at last minute) south coast 4x4 show. You get free run over entire site which includes vast open spaces with obstacles and forest tracks. Suits all abilities. (will try and attach some video stills)

Also, would love more green lane trips (already booked on Sailsbury Plains!), play days (Whitecliff quarry was really good) and local meets for Glos/Wilts/Somerset area.

Thanks in advance for organising such great events.  :great:

Wow I didn't know you could go there! How can I find out when I can go ect...who to contact?

• Platinum Member

More on my days off please... I'll send my roster to admin for reference  :rofl:

• Platinum Member
marty and lucy

Tracked down organisers of Bovington pay and play as endeavourmotorsport.co.uk. Next event on Dec 27!

Site owned by MOD (obviously, as it's designed for tanks!) and right next to tank museum. The event we attended was over a whole weekend (Sat & Sun at site) and stayed in designated area of nearby campsite.

Site would be ideal for JOC day or weekend event if exclusive hire possible  :mdr: :mdr:

Events for 2017 are going to be plentiful and varied.

From what has been discussed we will probably need more than 52 weekends next year to fit them all in!

"Only" the "Jeep Owners Club" offers the UK Jeep community so much variety.

• Platinum Member

Iv loved the few trips Iv been on... its not just the locations but also meeting the great like minded people and having chat about all things jeep! It's a great club and I hope see you all at some of the events next year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

More on my days off please... I'll send my roster to admin for reference  :rofl:

Me too :glasses: