Kuhmo MT51 - new tyres

JustJeeepin

• Platinum Member

Today i've just bought a new set of Kuhmo MT51 - where Kuhmo state MT stands for Mixed Terrain not Mud Terrain. It's competitor is mean't to be the Cooper ST Maxx (which i'm a huge fan of). These are apparently new to the UK though they've been in Oz for the last 12 months.

The reason for buying them is i found a nasty cut in the sidewall and tread of the General Grabber AT's which is very disappointing as they've only been off-road once. Whilst they were great in the sloppy stuff for AT's, i want something a bit more durable.

Kuhmo-MT51.thumb.jpg.9a3ca17c5da59f0e9c75852420d90430.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

I've finally gotten around to writing a review of my experience on the Kuhmo MT51's. I've posted it on my company's website with a back link directly to the Jeep Owner's Club website in the hope it can benefit both orgnizations...

Moderators if you feel this is in anyway inappropriate please feel free to delete this post as it's not meant as spam but I thought if i'm going to write a detailed blog experience, i might as well post it on my website with a back link to here... and i don't wish to upset anyone.

http://www.mobileremaps.co.uk/remapping-blog/kuhmo-road-venture-mt51-tyre-review

• Platinum Member

looks like a good tyre there aled do those have a triple ply side wall like the  cooper stt pro  :great:

• Platinum Member

looks like a good tyre there aled do those have a triple ply side wall like the  cooper stt pro  :great:

I believe they are. They're a heavy tire. For the 245/75/16 size that I have on my Jeep each tyre weighs 53lbs!