Tyre spacers

fen01

• Platinum Member

So, am looking to move from the standard 255x55xr18 with 265x65xr18. Whilst I know the will for at each corner, what I'm struggling to work out is whether this new tyre size will fit on the spare tyre carrier.

Has anyone running this tyre size had an issue with hanging the spare?  Does the additional 4" diameter increase snag on the OEM bumper?  Does the additional tyre width not allow fit on the OEM carrier?

If there is an issue, anyone have recommendations for a spare tyre spacer?

• Platinum Member

Don't think you should have a problem with that size on the rear carrier Fen, should clear the cutout on the bumper without needing a spacer. By my calcs you're only going up 2.5" on the diameter not 4" unless I'm getting something wrong, so only 1.25 " to worry about at the rear bumper and only 10mm wider. My 285/70 17s clear the bumper cutout by a mile ( although they do have an offset on the wheels rather than a spacer so I'm estimating a bit )

what tyres ae you going for?

• Trade Member

Agree... it will clear with no issues Fenton. That size will measure around 31" tall actual height.... we have had a lot bigger on the standard tyre carrier.

• Platinum Member

Don't think you should have a problem with that size on the rear carrier Fen, should clear the cutout on the bumper without needing a spacer. By my calcs you're only going up 2.5" on the diameter not 4" unless I'm getting something wrong, so only 1.25 " to worry about at the rear bumper and only 10mm wider. My 285/70 17s clear the bumper cutout by a mile ( although they do have an offset on the wheels rather than a spacer so I'm estimating a bit )

what tyres ae you going for?

Tim,

Going for Cooper A/T3s.  Looking at getting them from Silverline in Warwick, as i can shoot down at lunch and them swapped over.

However, someone who will remain nameless, has suggested i could get away with the 275, especially once I have the Teraflex levelling kit fitted.

• Platinum Member

Tim,

Going for Cooper A/T3s.  Looking at getting them from Silverline in Warwick, as i can shoot down at lunch and them swapped over.

However, someone who will remain nameless, has suggested i could get away with the 275, especially once I have the Teraflex levelling kit fitted.

Oh here we go!

• Platinum Member

42e5dd0afdd9e4032a0e793058f3ae6c.jpg

My 275/70/18 Toyo Open Country M/T's fit just snug on the standard carrier [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk