Learned a valuable lesson

glastodan03

• Platinum Member

So I ordered some bits from jba a few days ago and paid the shipping fee of just short of £100. Iv now had a text from dhl stating that Iv got to pay another £90 for import charges! :grrrrrr: has anyone else had this or am I missing somthing? Should I contact anyone or this the norm? Just cheesed off really as I didn't know this.

• Platinum Member

So I ordered some bits from jba a few days ago and paid the shipping fee of just short of £100. Iv now had a text from dhl stating that Iv got to pay another £90 for import charges! :grrrrrr: has anyone else had this or am I missing somthing? Should I contact anyone or this the norm? Just cheesed off really as I didn't know this.

yep they just pay postage then our lot rub their hands together for their cut import / vat  :icon_e_sad:

• Platinum Member

The duty is usually not too bad

Its the VAT on both value of goods and the Mailing Charge  plus a handling fee for processing it

So dont Steal as the Govt Doesn't like the competition

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

Rumour has it if the US supplier clearly writes free samples on the parcel it might get by.....oh and try and avoid parcelfarce

• Platinum Member

Had the same problem .. yes it's standard fare I'm afraid It cost me the same getting my UCA's across but it's basically anything over about £30 is subject to these charges

• Platinum Member

Oh well, I'll have to cough up I suppose, just wish I'd known this before. These uUCAs  better be good as it was about £300 for the parts and £200 odd for getting em here!

• Platinum Member

The duty is usually not too bad

Its the VAT on both value of goods and the Mailing Charge  plus a handling fee for processing it

So dont Steal as the Govt Doesn't like the competition

X2 It is now worse with the exchange rate as parts cost more, the Government will always come out on top!!!!

• Platinum Member

Oh well, I'll have to cough up I suppose, just wish I'd known this before. These uUCAs  better be good as it was about £300 for the parts and £200 odd for getting em here!

I have been running JBA UCA for now 6 yr and they are excellent. I had initially issue with the front coils being hit at full extension by the standard arms, JBA UCA resolved that. My lift at the front is 3.5" , I have now up graded the back to 4 Link with 4" coils & shocks and the KJ has never run better.

• Platinum Member

Well I have to hand it to dhl, following the tracking online the parcel has been from Hatfield, New York, east mids, Bristol and to me within 2 1/2 days! Arrived today! With a free DVD of "Jesus". Anyway just to collect some more parts before I dismantle the front end of the jeep :great: