I've found a damn hole....

fen01

• Platinum Member

in my bumper!!!!!

Cannot believe it.  This is the most peculiar damage pattern on my bumper (before you say anything TimC, this is not a ruse to justify a new bumper....)

I can only surmise the damage was down whilst the vehicle was in airport parking.  If it had a wall / other vehicle there would be more scuff marks on the outer extremities towards the wheel arch...

IMG_4388.thumb.JPG.12ecf0bb0f65f9843accb3b31b7fd282.JPG

IMG_4387.thumb.JPG.14583df8561d1b9a7f9725ad663030c2.JPG

IMG_4384.thumb.JPG.af2f9007152e990223f5c0de0fdc3544.JPG

• Platinum Member

don't......

In this instance, I'm a little annoyed.  Just spoken to the parking company in question.  Sadly their customer relations are only open Monday - Friday. 

The very nice woman who I did speak to, told me there was very little chance of them accepting any liability as the car was picked up 7 days ago..

So, not only do I smash a £1500 lens on holiday, I know have to possibly replace the front bumper, which is not going to be cheap....

Sometimes I wonder whether it is worth going on holiday...

• Platinum Member

Such a shame about the bumper Fenton, hopefully there is a happy ending and you get that upgraded - I mean replacement - bumper sorted!

• Platinum Member

There is one on eBay for £395 also check with people like PB Customs, Jeepey, Buzz Racing & Nene Overland etc they may well have one after changing a customers that didn't want to take the original with them.

• Administrators

There are shed loads of these take off parts ! I had 2 sitting around for ages ! Ended up chopping one up to get rid of it! So i'm sure you will find a good replacement ! Bad news on the Parking outfit mate though?

• Platinum Member

Thanks all for the advice on where to get 2nd hand replacement.

I might just opt to replace completely, as I've found a half decent replacement at Morris 4x4 which may come in at under £1000, landed.

PB definitely has several new take off ones  :great: along with lots of other new rubicon take off parts .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Thanks all for the advice on where to get 2nd hand replacement.

I might just opt to replace completely, as I've found a half decent replacement at Morris 4x4 which may come in at under £1000, landed.

I'm saying nothing mate! :glasses:

• Platinum Member

I'm saying nothing mate! :glasses:

Aaah, but you've raised your head above the parapet, so you may get roped into giving me a hand replacing as and when the time arises.....

:icon_e_surprised:

• Platinum Member

Aaah, but you've raised your head above the parapet, so you may get roped into giving me a hand replacing as and when the time arises.....

:icon_e_surprised:

Any time, no problem just let me know. I was going to offer you my old bumper but I'd have hated to have given you a reason not to upgrade  :mdr:

What one have you got your eye on? Did you get the JOC discount from Morris?

• Platinum Member

The one that came off mine is at PB Customs, it only did 150 miles, so it is as good as new. Make Paul an offer!

• Platinum Member

Any time, no problem just let me know. I was going to offer you my old bumper but I'd have hated to have given you a reason not to upgrade  :mdr:

What one have you got your eye on? Did you get the JOC discount from Morris?

Just mailed them.

We will have to see

• Platinum Member

The one that came off mine is at PB Customs, it only did 150 miles, so it is as good as new. Make Paul an offer!

Andrew,

Thanks for the offer.  I've seen one at Morris 4x4, so just waiting to find out what the cost will be......

• Platinum Member

I have a spare bumper if you are interested. Give me a call or send a PM if you want it. I will have a second one as well in about 2-3 weeks when I upgrade the new Rubicon that I take delivery of on Saturday.

• Platinum Member

I have a spare bumper if you are interested. Give me a call or send a PM if you want it. I will have a second one as well in about 2-3 weeks when I upgrade the new Rubicon that I take delivery of on Saturday.

Clint,

Cheers for the offer. 

What are you planning on replacing the OEM with??