Just got me a Cherokee!

iGavB

• Platinum Member

Hi all,

My name is Gav and I live in Nottinghamshire.

So, after previously owning a Jeep Grand Cherokee (2003) a few years ago that I had to scrap (the glow plugs got stuck into the engine block and the injectors were knackered). I bit the bullet and got me another one yesterday. I part exchange my 2009 Vauxhall Insignia in for a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.0 V6. And so far, I must say I am very impressed with this model/variant.

I also kind of choose this one over the other due to its styling, which I LOVE!

The first thing I want to do is replace the aweful head unit with a more modern one with DAB and Bluetooth capabilities (maybe even sat nav), any suggestions on which one to go for would be appreciated.

Here are a couple of pictures, I haven't been outside and started it up this morning, so fingers crossed that I haven't been sold a dud lol!

ESS9f6R.jpg

pzEWWxj.jpg

U1RMFnN.jpg

ZEtWksr.jpg

• Platinum Member
davidsmith1307

Certainly is a fine looking car. Interior is a bit sparse, but what the hell. New head unit and it'll be spot on.

Looks the part with those wheels.

• Platinum Member

hi gav great looking truck , is it the merc 3.0 crd the same as the commander , I had mine remapped to 290 HP and it purrs like a kitten and pulls like an ox lol welcome aboard  :wav1

• Platinum Member

hi gav great looking truck , is it the merc 3.0 crd the same as the commander , I had mine remapped to 290 HP and it purrs like a kitten and pulls like an ox lol welcome aboard  :wav1

That head unit looks good mate...

Which Bezel kit would I need to get for a double din head unit? I have seen the ones that include the blowers to the left and right aswell, or do I just need one that replaces the central bit where the current radio is?