R66 JKU - Clint's new Rubicon build

Clint

• Platinum Member

My new Rubicon has arrived today at Horsham. I am so excited I can't wait to get my hands on it. :icon_bounce:

Hopefully will be able to collect on 29/10/2016. If not, it will be 5/11/2016. Let the Mods Begin!!! :icon_bounce:

It has been a long time coming since I sold my Jeep in November last year, but thanks to Stewart at JOC and Dean at Horsham Car Centre the new order went in on 29 June 2016 with the specification I wanted and should be with me by 29 October 2016, only 4 months of waiting for it to arrive!!!

Not long now

DSC04557.thumb.JPG.0d55946a88042bd9ffaf1e067eda3474.JPG

DSC04560.thumb.JPG.e0a3bb8c018e1ad37fe432fd2e0c7f9a.JPG

DSC04562.thumb.JPG.4880eed2cd25af147d820917dfe9369d.JPG

DSC04563.thumb.JPG.fa4ee97c322bc4ece0c64c79332963fb.JPG

DSC04564.thumb.JPG.646618cdf17743d469d13af5bd93791f.JPG

DSC04566.thumb.JPG.630eb50b7a02b2eba44e02736299bdec.JPG

• Platinum Member

Great to see it has arrived at last as you've been sans Jeep at the last two meets where we spoke about it.

Cheers

Tim

• Administrators

Looks great Clint ... Congratulations :great:

Are they the new 18" Rubicon wheels?

Let's not get started on that !! What are they thinking at Jeep

• Platinum Member

Thanks Kerry. Yes, they are the new 18" rims. Disappointing given the lack of tyre choice in 18" so they will be replaced with AEV Salta 17" rims as soon as I can get the lift done. The AEV 3.5" RS lift along with the 315x70x17 Wrangler Duratrac tyres are in my garage ready to be installed!!!

• Platinum Member

Thanks Kerry. Yes, they are the new 18" rims. Disappointing given the lack of tyre choice in 18" so they will be replaced with AEV Salta 17" rims as soon as I can get the lift done. The AEV 3.5" RS lift along with the 315x70x17 Wrangler Duratrac tyres are in my garage ready to be installed!!!

Sounds like a plan Clint ... look forward to seeing the progress :great:

PS can't believe Jeep went ahead and put 18" rims on a Rubicon ...

but as Stewart says "let's not get started on that" :glasses:

• Platinum Member

I think that's one of the best colours for a Jeep i've ever seen. Looks very purposeful. I've got 18's on my JK but found that Cooper do ST Maxx in that size and hasn't been an issue so far.  :great:

• Platinum Member

I think that's one of the best colours for a Jeep i've ever seen. Looks very purposeful. I've got 18's on my JK but found that Cooper do ST Maxx in that size and hasn't been an issue so far.  :great:

Were you running 255 55 R18 on OEM rims before you changed to Coopers?  Have you swapped with 275 70 R18s?  Did you need to add spacers?  Did you need to re-calibrate with a Procal?

• Platinum Member

Collected my new Rubicon today!!! Can you tell by the smile on my face.  :icon_e_biggrin:

First phase mods done by Horsham are as follows:-

Fuel Filler Cap

Rock Rails with side step

Power Dome bonnet

Wind deflectors on front and rear windows

Lots more to follow!!!

IMG_0353.thumb.JPG.52ee3d8d5ee43c82542091082716da89.JPG

IMG_0354.thumb.JPG.b3d7ac421a70dd5da9f909a0f4c485b2.JPG

IMG_0355.thumb.JPG.16e50cde045547608a22ef0e83085f08.JPG

IMG_0357.thumb.JPG.f8ce7e110f405005f622fb79e4f97f18.JPG

• Platinum Member

Were you running 255 55 R18 on OEM rims before you changed to Coopers?  Have you swapped with 275 70 R18s?  Did you need to add spacers?  Did you need to re-calibrate with a Procal?

Yep I was on 255 55 R18, those horrible Bridgestone tyres from what I remember. There was a tiny bit of rubbing on the anti roll bar but I mean tiny and only when held at full lock, I do have spacers fitted now but that is to prevent the tyre from rubbing against my shock bypass tubing as they stick out a lot. I didn't need a Procal, quite the opposite to be honest, I GPSd the speeds before and after and found that the 275 70 R18 were absolutely bang on, far more so than the originals.

Cheers

• Platinum Member

Looks great Clint, I really do like those hoods  :great: .......it's on the list.

Horsham do seem to be a dealer who has their act together. No Jeep dealer I have been to has shown any interest in supplying or providing any info on accessories whatsoever, shame.  :icon_e_confused:

• Platinum Member

Yep I was on 255 55 R18, those horrible Bridgestone tyres from what I remember. There was a tiny bit of rubbing on the anti roll bar but I mean tiny and only when held at full lock, I do have spacers fitted now but that is to prevent the tyre from rubbing against my shock bypass tubing as they stick out a lot. I didn't need a Procal, quite the opposite to be honest, I GPSd the speeds before and after and found that the 275 70 R18 were absolutely bang on, far more so than the originals.

Cheers

Cheers for this.

How much on road vs off road do you do on the Coopers??

• Administrators

Looks great Clint, I really do like those hoods  :great: .......it's on the list.

Horsham do seem to be a dealer who has their act together. No Jeep dealer I have been to has shown any interest in supplying or providing any info on accessories whatsoever, shame.  :icon_e_confused:

https://www.jeepowners.club/forum/index.php/topic,4781.0.html

All the part numbers are on this post  :great: