Control Arm Drop Kit

SavMan

• Platinum Member

First step in sorting out all my steering and driveline issues after lifting the XJ a little more. Fitted a Rocky Road Control Arm Drop Kit from Jeepey. Has made a big difference to the ride quality and improved the steering quite a bit as well. Very heavy duty but not an absolute perfect fit. Still not sure I made the right decision though as a little concerned that they will get hung up on rocks and drop offs. Will wait until I get the OTK steering sorted and get bigger tyres before making a final decision.

953de43f9fec5756ac018029f27b99ed.jpg

Only in a Jeep

• Platinum Member

Ive alaways had the same opinion of these drop arm kits. I have a pair of the AEV geometery correction brackets at home but havent fitted them yet, untill i get some bigger wheels to get them off the ground.

• Platinum Member

They have pros and cons.

Those brackets are the middle ground between a short arm lift and a long arm. Yes, they hang lower so its like a transfer drop case instead of a SYE....its going to hang lower and get bumped.

• Platinum Member

Some of the long arms kits I looked at weren't much smaller than the control arm drop and positioned further back would clear some things but possibly get snagged on others.

From my calculations with 35  tyres and the additonal 2 inch lift I have now it should net out to the same clearance I had before. Will see how they go otherwise it's going to be long arms.

I will say though on the road it drives way better

Only in a Jeep

• Platinum Member

I've got a Control Arm Drop Kit on my Cherokee and like you say it makes a world of difference.

Not had any issues on hangups provided you approach things right. Its pretty close to the wheel so its often left unscathed.

Looks great btw.   

• Platinum Member

The rocky road kit is  quite a lot bigger than I thought it would be. It extends all the way to the gearbox cross member

Only in a Jeep